Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So your saying Di Matteo is a better Manager than Jose or Carlo?

I guess thats why hes in charge of Real and PSG.

Boss.

He's saying that he was good enough to be taken on by Chelsea in the first place. Oh yeah, and that he happened to win the European Cup and the FA Cup with them. Nobody's saying he's better than Mourinho, but I'd say Di Matteo is a far better bet than Steve Bruce!

It's interesting that Moyes accumulated more points in the league than Di Matteo during his reign. But Moyes has been at Everton for 11 years, and how many trophies has he won?

I'm not arguing in favour of Di Matteo coming to Everton, but you cant knock 'Only winning the Champions League and the FA Cup'. They're more than noteworthy achievements!

I don't fancy Di Matteo here tbh. It just doesn't feel comfortable as a partnership. Out of everyone I still like Martinez. But it's his lack of experience in the top half of the table that worrys me.

I disagree. Last 3 games much harder opposition. You can't knock him for winning that trophy. He deserves credit. No other manager has achieved that there in numerous attempts.

Give him credit.

You disagree that winning 3 games is easier than winning those 3 games as well as winning the rest of the matches ?

You disagree that winning 3 games is easier than winning those 3 games as well as winning the rest of the matches ?

Yes I disagree that you're trying to take away the guys credit because he didn't have the chance to manage in the group stages. By the law of averages he would have come through that group just like AVB. Thats judged on the 3 harder games he managed to get through. So yes I disagree with where you're going

Yes I disagree that you're trying to take away the guys credit because he didn't have the chance to manage in the group stages. By the law of averages he would have come through that group just like AVB. Thats judged on the 3 harder games he managed to get through. So yes I disagree with where you're going

That makes absolutely no sense.

Anyway, he failed to get out of the group stages at all this year, despite having a better squad than the year before. They had no Drogba but that doesn't excuse losing 3-0 to Juve.

I haven't taken away the guy's credit, i'm just not buying that holding out for 180 minutes by parking the bus with a team that cost hundreds of millions is all that impressive.

Last edited:

That makes absolutely no sense.

Anyway, he failed to get out of the group stages at all this year, despite having a better squad than the year before. They had no Drogba but that doesn't excuse losing 3-0 to Juve.

I haven't taken away the guy's credit, i'm just not buying that holding out for 180 minutes by parking the bus with a team that cost hundreds of millions is all that impressive.

It might not be impressive but it's something Mourinho has done many a time and we all think the world of him.

More than anything, I want to see if this whole contract thing turns out to be Moyes playing the card over the influx of the new TV money. I hope it is.
My unrelentingly positive side is telling me its him just bluffing his way to a war chest in the summer. My ignorance cheers me up so that's the story I'm going to stick with for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back