Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a genuine nice bloke, surprised the players hated him?

Not as informed at Chelsea but I'm told by a good source that was certainly the case at west brom , that they were delighted when he went . I do know At Chelsea there was a real surprise he got kept on because he was considered as 'unpopular' with the squad as Villas-Boas.

I do think its interesting that he's last years FA and European cup winner and he hasn't got a job nor really been linked to one .

Not as informed at Chelsea but I'm told by a good source that was certainly the case at west brom , that they were delighted when he went . I do know At Chelsea there was a real surprise he got kept on because he was considered as 'unpopular' with the squad as Villas-Boas.

I do think its interesting that he's last years FA and European cup winner and he hasn't got a job nor really been linked to one .
Crap that like. He doesn't get the praise he deserves and I think he'd get on perfectly with our players. Only time will tell...

im sure he is waiting a good opportunity. his cv is quite interesting and he knows his worth

I could have won the CL with Chelsea, its not like he did anything really.

Im all for praise where praise is due, but come on.

This all over.

Four points behind City when he was sacked and all but knocked out of the Champions League, totally unacceptable for a team of their quality, especially when he was apparently boss and helped them win the CL (did he bollocks).

I could have won the CL with Chelsea, its not like he did anything really.

Im all for praise where praise is due, but come on.

Why didn't AVB then?

The players at Chelsea liked Di Matteo, at least in the run in up to and including the CL Final, and really played for him.

Not saying Di Matteo is any great manager like, or that I'd like him at EFC, but he did alright at Chelsea. At the very least he unified a fractured dressing room and got the best out of those players.

Why didn't AVB then?

The players at Chelsea liked Di Matteo, at least in the run in up to and including the CL Final, and really played for him.

Not saying Di Matteo is any great manager like, or that I'd like him at EFC, but he did alright at Chelsea. At the very least he unified a fractured dressing room and got the best out of those players.

The players didnt even come close to accepting AVB, just like they dont and wont accept Rafael.

The sooner Chelsea get rid of the Terry Lampard clique, the sooner they can move forward as a Club, IMO.

Personally I dont like Di Matteo, I have no viewpoint on whether hes a good Manager or not, but I dont think he did anything I consider great in winning the CL.

Why didn't AVB then?

I'm not saying they hated him at Chelsea , west brom is a different story , but from what I've heard he certainly wasn't liked before he took over. I also think he played it quite well leaning in the likes of terry , cole and lampard but from what ive heard (and obviously it could be wrong) I definitely wouldn't use the word liked.

Last edited:

Why didn't AVB then?

AVB didn't get them knocked out in the group stages.

I'm not saying they hated him at Chelsea , west brom is a different story , but from what I've heard he certainly wasn't liked before he took over. I also think he played it quite well leaning in the likes of terry , cole and lampard but from what ive heard (and obviously it could be wrong) I definitely wouldn't use the word liked.
I was always under the impression he just let the senior players run the show at Chelsea. AVB tried to marginalise them and lost the dressing room.

I was always under the impression he just let the senior players run the show at Chelsea. AVB tried to marginalise them and lost the dressing room.

I would think that wasn't a million miles away that's sort of what I meant by leaning on (even though I typed in by mistake )

Crap that like. He doesn't get the praise he deserves and I think he'd get on perfectly with our players. Only time will tell...

I can only say what I've heard as I wasn't there mate , I can say the lads at WBA were made up when he went and he was far from popular there

I would think that wasn't a million miles away that's sort of what I meant by leaning on (even though I typed in by mistake )

I can only say what I've heard as I wasn't there mate , I can say the lads at WBA were made up when he went and he was far from popular there
He wasnt too bad at West Brom though if i remember. Im sure they had their reasons and he doesnt strike me as a strong manager to grab a club and lead them forward, but he seemed to have things pretty stable at WBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back