• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is letting me finish.

I'm not saying Joe Royle is the manager, he is going to be the director of football.

I dont think its people not letting you finish, more like they cant be arsed with what your going to say, a fair bit of false stories from you already in this thread.

It's really not though. Relegation is the easiest stick to beat him with but people have mentioned his shoddy defences, the fact that despite media plaudits for "attractive" football his teams score a shockingly low number of goals, his pitiful win rate, that other managers did better in the league with Wigan etc.

We should forget that. There are hundreds if not thousands of managers who got relegated and stayed relegated and never did anything of note as a manager since. Focusing on the three or four who succeeded and ignoring the thousands for whom it was a fair representation of their managerial ability is kind of silly.

It's selection bias ... they are prominent names and we know their stories (more than we know the stories of the far larger group of people who got relegated and faded away). Michael Jordan got cut from his high school basketball team ... however it would be absurd to expect everyone who gets cut from their high school team will turn out to be the greatest basketball player of all time.

There have been plenty of people here who have singled out relegation and nothing else. As I said in part of my post you chose not to quote, there are both other reasons for doubt and examples that undermine relegation as a definitive judgement.

To your second point, I think you display your own selection bias: you're taking a nuanced statement and turning it into a binary dialectic. I specifically said there's no way of knowing if Martinez would succeed. I merely pointed out that early failures often inform future achievements, and Martinez could very well adapt and evolve - we just don't know.

Can anyone please explain to me why Vitor rather than Martinez?........because it seems to me there is a momentum without any real basis in fact. He has never been tested in the premiership!

To finish us off after the announcement of the awful badge, those clowns will appoint Martinez...we all know this will happen. Inevitable.

I'd be shocked if Kenwright even approaches Pereira seen as the **** has no intention of listening to the fans whatsoever... He wont even know we're shouting for him

Can anyone please explain to me why Vitor rather than Martinez?........because it seems to me there is a momentum without any real basis in fact. He has never been tested in the premiership!

Like what? Relegation and conceding cricket score?

I'd be shocked if Kenwright even approaches Pereira seen as the **** has no intention of listening to the fans whatsoever... He wont even know we're shouting for him

Bill one of your mates?

I find it funny how many people know what Bill is thinking/doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back