Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....speak for yourself and less of the 'we'.

EGGs i am not going to get more infractions over you
You should go and get a bit of ambition for your self
a manager like stubbs or weir would suit you and wasnt we at you im talking for myself not you

I can't understand why people don't want Martinez, we have a real chance of progressing, TV deal plus Fellaini deal meaning new manager could possibly have at least 20/30 million too spend on players. If we can sign a decent centre forward and play a more fluid attacking style, I'm pretty sure we can more on from the David Moyes era.

We gave David Moyes a chance so why not Martinez, Man Utd one of the biggest Clubs in the world have taken a Manager that hasn't won anything, so I can't understand the fuss. I've supported Everton for over 30 yrs, seen highs & lows, for me backing the new Manager is so important, fresh approach, different style of playing and new players brought in surely indicates exciting time ahead. There is far too much moaning from people on here...

i'm with you dw, i believe he will do well here. we need someone who can run the whole club, not just someone who coaches

Re Martinez Failure is relative...he was managing Wigan ! He also won more than Moyes ever did with them so he can hardly be described as a failure by anyone being reasonable?
Martinez CV is better then Moyes, a promotion with a club, manager of the year award and a F.A cup win.

That's the whole point of the exercise trying to make out its of bigger concern to Everton fans than the appointment of a new manager.
Trivial issue given the club has changed the design of the badge many times over the years.

Couldnt agree more. The man needs a chance to prove his credentials. That relegation will of hurt him and made him think he'll never want to go through summat like that again, he will think about the things he got wrong, the decisions, tactics etc, etc and he will learn from those mistakes.

And people talk about him not sorting his defence but last season he went to a back 3 with wing backs to try and stop shipping goals and it worked and they stayed up!. In the summer he brought in Ramis to try and sure the defence up but he got injured for the season when he was coming good.

You cant blame Martinez for the errors his defence made in games, he doesnt play for them and he certainly doesnt tell them to do it either!. Yes, he could of looked for better quality in there, but clearly the better players dont want to be or play at Wigan, simple as, so he as to make do with signing players like Gary Caldwell, who is championship standard at best!.

To lose the calibre of players like Valencia, Palacios, N'Zogbia, Rodallega and Diame, season in, season out, and not be able to replace them with half the quality of those and only be able to bring in championship standard players and keep them up as long as he did and not changing his philosophy is some going in my eyes and thats why the likes of the sh!te, Villa and us are or have been keen on him, cos we can see past the negative of relegation but see his other qualites that he can bring to a side!.

Dont forget, were in a different class to Wigan, in stature, players wise, the lot!. He would do better with our team than he as at Wigan IMO, IF it's him we get?!.

True, you can't blame Martinez for individual errors made in defence, however you can blame him for the defence generally having no organization whatsoever

Found a Vitor petition

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bill-kenwright-owner-of-everton-football-club-install-victor-pereira-as-new-everton-manager?utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

Bill Kenwright came out and stated that he would listen to the voice of the fans in his search of the next Everton Football Club Manager. Since the departure of former manager David Moyes to Manchester United we have been linked with several potential managers including Victor Pereira ( THE FANS CHOICE ) and Roberto Martinez the current Wigan Athletic Manager. We the loyal paying fans are unanimous in that we want Victor Pereira as the new manager of our Everton Football Club. Victor is the man to take us to the next level and build on what former manager David Moyes started 11 years ago. Pereira's record in his early managerial career speaks volumes apposed to Martinez's record at Wigan Athletic. SO Mr Kenwright please take note of these key facts :- Victor Pereira's record as a manager speaks for itself. He's a very talented young manager and well regarded throughout European football ,speaks good English so no language barrier he's also a free agent so no fee will be required (up your street Bill ). Roberto Martinez on the other hand as never finished in the top half of the table with Wigan and this season he's been relegated to the championship. Yes he won this years FA Cup but im sure the fans of Wigan Athletic would rather be playing Premier League football next season. Martinez also works from a small budget as did Moyes and look what he achieved over the years. The appointment of Martinez will take us a 1000 step backwards. We need a manager to take us forward not backwards so our choice Mr Kenwright is Victor Pereira the man who as all the credentials to take us forward. So im asking all the supporters of Everton FC The Peoples Club to sign this petition so Mr Bill Kenwright makes the right decision and installs VICTOR PEREIRA as the new Everton FC Manager.

Martinez CV is better then Moyes, a promotion with a club, manager of the year award and a F.A cup win.

I don´t like Moyes but I wouldn´t say Martinez´s CV´s better. League finishes and getting relegated matters for something.

That said thought, it´s a major weakness of Moyes´s that he hasn´t won anything. The whole world knows it.

Well I bet others won't see the same otherwise Man Utd would employ the man who just relegate his club not Moyes.

He hasn't started working for United yet.. 1st July he takes over. Until then he is working flat out in the interests of Everton Football Club and getting paid accordingly.

He hasn't started working for United yet.. 1st July he takes over. Until then he is working flat out in the interests of Everton Football Club and getting paid accordingly.

He isn't though is he? He's already started organizing his staff at Old Trafford, i doubt that sacking Phelan was working 100% in the interest of EFC

Rumour on twitter that Martinez and Pereira both interviewed in London. Everton employee has his money on Martinez?!?

Nobody is letting me finish.

I'm not saying Joe Royle is the manager, he is going to be the director of football.

IF genuine or true, would be a good move. Knows and loves the club and was a manager himself so would be able to work with our new manager soundly i should think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back