Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was superb there mate and I think he could bring much of that to our squad, with a couple of decent additions he could turn us into serious trophy contenders rather than the bottlers that we currently seem to be in important games.
Are you taking the piss out of me mate? Trophy contenders? I think the limit of our ambitions has to be top four. Too much expectation would turn this appointment into a Hodgson at the RS scenario. Give him time, give him support and he'll succeed. Too many times in his career, people's expectations have cut short a promising start.

What exactly are we all basing this 'could do a great job for us' on? a decent spell at Blackburn which finished over 5 years ago, no real track record and when he has had money he hsnt exactly set the world alight and has been given the boot due to that

Name a manager that hasn't made a big money signing that's gone wrong? Ferguson signed Veron, does that make him a terrible manager? Wenger signed Jeffers and Chamakh to name but 2, and I'm not entirely sure how much Hughes had to do with big money signings at City.

Please no, He picked Ched Evans ahead of Sturridge, the previous season they finished 8th, 100 million later and they finished 10th under him, 18 million for Santa Cruz, 14 million for Bellemy, 10 million for Bridge, 25 million for Adebayor, drawing at home to Hull and Burnley he fell out with Robinho and Elano, his away forms been ****ing ****e at every club he's been at.

Please no, He picked Ched Evans ahead of Sturridge, the previous season they finished 8th, 100 million later and they finished 10th under him, 18 million for Santa Cruz, 14 million for Bellemy, 10 million for Bridge, 25 million for Adebayor, drawing at home to Hull and Burnley he fell out with Robinho and Elano, his away forms been ****ing ****e at every club he's been at.

Agree with you mate. Don't forget Jo for 19m to add to that list.

10 million for shaun wright phillips, 18 for Jo, 33 for robinho (who could play away from home due to being ****e anytime he did), id even say 22 for lescott was way overpaying, payed massive wages for both vierra and sylvinho who were at the time way past it, so nope don't rate him and never have done

10 million for shaun wright phillips, 18 for Jo, 33 for robinho (who could play away from home due to being ****e anytime he did), id even say 22 for lescott was way overpaying, payed massive wages for both vierra and sylvinho who were at the time way past it, so nope don't rate him and never have done

Lescott was over-priced but he did a job for City, the players I listed were ****ing gash for City.

I always thought Hughes was all right based on the good job he did at Blackburn and his decent season at Fulham, but the tactical naivety he showed at QPR was frightening. Choosing not to protect a central defence pairing as poor as Anton Ferdinand and Clint Hill is unforgivable.

There are better, cheaper options available.

On a side note, I also feel that Moyes is probably going to stay now, and to be honest I'm a bit disappointed. As much as I appreciate the job he's done here, I came to terms with his departure months ago and eventually became excited at the prospect of a fresh approach.

Lescott was over-priced but he did a job for City, the players I listed were ****ing gash for City.

Fair call on Lescott doing a job, just never seen anyone spend that much over two seasons with so little effect on the pitch, overall something like 250m quid spent to stay where they were

Hughes, Solskjær, Di Matteo, Bielsa, Martin Jol, Michel Tuchel.

That's a list of realistic managers I'd be content with.

Holloway, O'neill, Martinez, Steve Round, Stubbs, Allardyce, Appleton, Coyle, Bruce, Mcliesh.

That's a list of realistic people I'd be suicidal with.

Jesus christ lads, how much say do you think Hughes had over a load of the signings you've mentioned? Some of the names you've mentioned as well we'd have gladly signed if we had the money so it's slightly hypocritical dont you think? It's like blaming the Chelsea manager for the poor signings, how much say does he realistically have over transfer dealings, next to none. Tony Fernandes at QPR thought he could buy his way to safety by chucking a load of second rate has beens at Hughes and asking him to turn them into a team, he's not a miracle worker lads.

Hughes in charge of a club where he could do things his way and bring in his own targets would reap rewards, he'd also give youth a chance as well.

On a side note, I also feel that Moyes is probably going to stay now, and to be honest I'm a bit disappointed. As much as I appreciate the job he's done here, I'm came to terms with his departure months ago and eventually became excited at the prospect of a fresh approach.

Its like a marriage, if nothing changes in the day to day routine then eventually then it risks becoming stale.

atm we are stuck in a marriage that's lost its spark, the ways to give it back maybe don't involve a separation, but they involve moyes to be willing to change.

Im all for just saying **** it and bringing someone in with a fresh approach, who isn't constantly spouting the plucky little everton line to the media, or at least going along with it.

Jesus christ lads, how much say do you think Hughes had over a load of the signings you've mentioned? Some of the names you've mentioned as well we'd have gladly signed if we had the money so it's slightly hypocritical dont you think? It's like blaming the Chelsea manager for the poor signings, how much say does he realistically have over transfer dealings, next to none. Tony Fernandes at QPR thought he could buy his way to safety by chucking a load of second toer plays at Hughes and asking him to turn them into a team, he's not a miracle worker lads.

Hughes in charge of a club where he could do things his way and bring in his own targets would reap rewards, he'd also give youth a chance as well.

Part of something i look at whilst trying to weigh up who i'd like in charge is their decision making in the past, and Hughes has had some whopper bad decisionjs on the clubs he chooses, that in itself is a big negative, as for signings some of those are obviously signings hughes made, bellamy, RSQ being the 2 most obvious ones. so he did have 'some' input.

Im not saying he's the worst option, not by a long shot, and its true we may have ended up with a few of those turkeys at us if we had the dosh, but moyes is also not the miracle transfer worker that some make him out to be, and the more he spends then the dodgier the signings look.

Part of something i look at whilst trying to weigh up who i'd like in charge is their decision making in the past, and Hughes has had some whopper bad decisionjs on the clubs he chooses, that in itself is a big negative, as for signings some of those are obviously signings hughes made, bellamy, RSQ being the 2 most obvious ones. so he did have 'some' input.

Im not saying he's the worst option, not by a long shot, and its true we may have ended up with a few of those turkeys at us if we had the dosh, but moyes is also not the miracle transfer worker that some make him out to be, and the more he spends then the dodgier the signings look.

I agree mate, he's not the worst option by a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back