Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitor Pereira's agent been in Portuguese and Spanish press citing Everton interest in him. Won't read too much into this, but in a sensationalists mind that could be construed as a sign the board feel as though Moyes is going. I still think Moyes will stay and want him to, but Pereira would be a good appointment, learnt from Mourinho and AVB so will have a good tactical brain.

I'm told Levy says , that based on his experiences , if you go domestic for an appointment (even a foriegn manager ) and it goes wrong you'll get the benefit of the doubt but if you go overseas and it goes wrong you get hammered. I couldn't see bill wanting to take that chance , not just that but I'd be amazed if he'd try someone like that from overseas.

If it all goes wrong Bill needs a fall guy for the fans. So an overseas appointment will be too risky as carlos motor mouth may turn round and tell the media what,s going on in the fun house ! Domestic "Yes" gimp is the order of the day who will always take the fall and is not strong enough to challenge the board.

Let,s face it the list of names over 100+ pages is well ...small time

Small Time owners and Small time managers are a perfect fit for each other.
There is nothing small time whatsoever in wanting Mark Hughes. He's managed a very respectable Man City outfit and his attacking football at Blackburn was a joy to watch.

There is nothing small time whatsoever in wanting Mark Hughes. He's managed a very respectable Man City outfit and his attacking football at Blackburn was a joy to watch.

This is a good shout, he was unfairly sacked by Man City with little time to bed in a host of new signings instigated by the new owners, he was sacked by QPR without being given the time to bed in a host of new signings instigated by the new owner, seeing a theme developing here lads? Mark Hughes is not a crap manager, he has just been unfortunate enough to work under some poor owners.

This is a good shout, he was unfairly sacked by Man City with little time to bed in a host of new signings instigated by the new owners, he was sacked by QPR without being given the time to bed in a host of new signings instigated by the new owner, seeing a theme developing here lads? Mark Hughes is not a crap manager, he has just been unfortunate enough to work under some poor owners.

he may as well continue that trend at everton then

The less said about Fulham I think but aside from that, I see a very promising managerial career. He just needs the opportunity and we are in the position to offer it to him next season.

I personally don't want a manager that spent 19m on Jo.

Name a manager that hasn't made a big money signing that's gone wrong? Ferguson signed Veron, does that make him a terrible manager? Wenger signed Jeffers and Chamakh to name but 2, and I'm not entirely sure how much Hughes had to do with big money signings at City.
Blackburn was Mark Hughes in his element. Bringing through good players at a low cost and sticking it to the big boys. That's what we need.

Blackburn was Mark Hughes in his element. Bringing through good players at a low cost and sticking it to the big boys. That's what we need.

Yeah he was superb there mate and I think he could bring much of that to our squad, with a couple of decent additions he could turn us into serious trophy contenders rather than the bottlers that we currently seem to be in important games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back