Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, it's a tongue firmly in cheek point, not a good one at all! :lol:

Laudrup won't come to us I'd be 99% positive of it, not about his paycheck, about his warchest, which will be small in the summer in comparison to other teams.

Sorry mate....I'm probably not awake enough...it's been one of those weeks. Yeah, I think you are right about Laudrup as personal finance may not be top of his list and he'll want to go somewhere with the assets to let him prove that he can be a top manager. Shame though, but I'll stop dreaming now. As long as we don't end up with Mark Hughes, Martin O'Neill or Neil Warnock I'll be happy.

Mate, it's a tongue firmly in cheek point, not a good one at all! :lol:

Laudrup won't come to us I'd be 99% positive of it, not about his paycheck, about his warchest, which will be small in the summer in comparison to other teams.

With the Fellaini cash, and a potential advance on next Summer's TV money, our manager could well have quite a bit to spend.

He has taken jobs previously without having any money before - Getafe, Mallorca and Spartak Moscow

Who are you talking about, mate?

I want Everton to make the Champions League so that Moyes is given the Fellaini cash and next Summer's TV mioney in addition to all of the Champions League money. Then we can pip Manchester City to the title next year, or at least secure another top 4 finish.

That's the plan!

Who are you talking about, mate?

I want Everton to make the Champions League so that Moyes is given the Fellaini cash and next Summer's TV mioney in addition to all of the Champions League money. Then we can pip Manchester City to the title next year, or at least secure another top 4 finish.

That's the plan!
Sorry hit the wrong Reply With Quote button - Laudrup was who I was talking about :lol:

I certainly wouldn't pick Neil Lennon as manager of Everton,but if David Moyes leaves and Lennon is his replacement then he will get my full support.

Managing a club like Celtic must be very difficult in that it presents very different challenges.
Based on ability and budgets alone Celtic should win every game in every competition in Scotland.Getting the players motivated every week must be quite difficult.It would be comparable to Everton playing a team from the first division every week.
If he were to be appointed as Everton manager it should be because he has impressed as manager rather than because of what he has won as manager of Celtic

I cant understand this tv money talk. Why do we get it so much?

I personally have a sneaky hunch that it wont benefit us at all.
If everybody else get it about the same amount...

I dont know ****, though

I dont know ****, though

For me, the TV money will allow 100% of player sales to go directly to the manager when in past seasons that hasnt been the case.

I dont know ****, though

It will help us a lot if we keep Moyes because of how good he is at buying better players for cheap than most buy for big money. Therefore the more we can give him to do this, the better whereas those around us spend regardless of this, its a great way to help give Moyes a chance.
If we get some money and give to a new manager, it depends of whether they are as good as to if we improve against the others or stay the same or head backwards

I would prefer to wait one more season to see how Laudrup does with Swansea next season.We have plenty of examples of one season wonders.

True, Blueblue...but we don't seem to have had one ourselves for quite some time. Whilst there are always other factors to consider, a manager who finds a great goal scorer for peanuts in his first season in English football and also wins silverware would appear to have something over a bloke that couldn't win anything in more than a decade of trying. I could be wrong though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back