Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
managing Celtic or Rangers does seem to be the strangest job in football...who knows if any of them are ever any good

I think his time abroad will have done him good, he's learnt how to coach football you will no longer see hoofing with McClaren in charge and I think he will have a point to prove. I would have him and he's a realistic target.
I would agree that McClaren is above the rest in the list. And while he has experience from abroad, it is also worth mentioning that the Twente team he took over was great and built by his predecessor. At Wolfsburg he was fired because of poor results and the same happend at his second spell with Twente. While I agree that he has no doubts learned a hell of a lot managing those teams, it speaks volumes that he was fired from both clubs within the first season.

tumblr_m9ye9ciWf71r8ws8i.jpg

well that's a bit simpleton isn't it. History is littered with anti-heroes. I don't see how saying you think a dead man had some ok political ideas hundreds of years ago affects being a manager today but each to their own.

Again I ask, why did it not bother you whilst he was at swindon? It's not our place to tell people what political beliefs they have.
Who says it did not bother me when he was at Swindon. Him going to a PL club just brought it more out in the open.

So if a manager stated that Hitler had the right ideas, you would be fine with that because you don't mix sports and politics?

think its funny that they have ended up with two managers that if they hadn't made it in the game would probably be kicking sh it out of each other outside the ground

Who says it did not bother me when he was at Swindon. Him going to a PL club just brought it more out in the open.

So if a manager stated that Hitler had the right ideas, you would be fine with that because you don't mix sports and politics?

you may not like it but I couldn't care less, as long as they keep quiet about it when doing their job.. We can't start telling other people what they can and can't believe in, it's insanity.

As far as religion and politics are concerned then they have absolutely no baring on a persons ability to do a job well. You don't get to tell people whether they are right or wrong unfortunately that's not how a democratic society operates is it.

you may not like it but I couldn't care less, as long as they keep quiet about it when doing their job.. We can't start telling other people what they can and can't believe in, it's insanity.

As far as religion and politics are concerned then they have absolutely no baring on a persons ability to do a job well. You don't get to tell people whether they are right or wrong unfortunately that's not how a democratic society operates is it.
You're quite right I don't agree with you one bit.

You're quite right I don't agree with you one bit.

I bet their are loads of players and managers and coaches and probably even minted chairmen who have unsavoury pass times that we wouldn't agree with. What somebody does in their private life is their business not ours as long as they are in the confines of the law we have no right to judge.

He's got better European experience than Moyes, could be worth a go, not many beat Barca in their own back yard.

Giggles*

He's got better European experience than Moyes, could be worth a go, not many beat Barca in their own back yard.

Giggles*

Fair point...though I think our real problem is getting into Europe. I would prefer to have a manager that could actually mastermind some victories over the RS rather than worry about Barcelona in the event that we ever actually get to play them.
I would prefer us to just pay Laudrup what Moyes is on...that would hopefully entice him to Goodison.

Fair point...though I think our real problem is getting into Europe. I would prefer to have a manager that could actually mastermind some victories over the RS rather than worry about Barcelona in the event that we ever actually get to play them.
I would prefer us to just pay Laudrup what Moyes is on...that would hopefully entice him to Goodison.

Mate, it's a tongue firmly in cheek point, not a good one at all! :lol:

Laudrup won't come to us I'd be 99% positive of it, not about his paycheck, about his warchest, which will be small in the summer in comparison to other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back