Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No different than Moyes ability to do the same away at the likes of Norwich. The major difference lies in the relative quality of the players.

hahaha, you're surely not serious?

Moyes lost 9 out his last 56 league games with us.

Martinez lost 9 at home this season, conceding 39 goals in the process, they won just 4 games at home & lost 20 out of 38. This fantastic attacking football yielded a whopping 26 goals at home btw.

Some of you lot have got a does of reality heading your way next season.

Martinez had 4 years with that wigan team and you think with the money he received from players leaving, he could have bought a half decent defender

18501613.jpg

SAF has a win rate of 60% at Utd,if he managed at Wigan with their budget,I wonder what it would be ?
Clubs take a risk when appointing a manager,they look for attributes beyond a simple win ratio.
What did Utd look for when appointing David Moyes ? ,it certainly wasn't his win ratio ,it wasn't his history of trophy winning,it wasn't his record of success in Europe or enen his experience in Europe.

They have looked for characteristics beyond the obvious to pick out a manager they hope can continue their success...as it happens I don't think they made a great choice.

At Everton we have a similar problem...we are looking for a manager that can hopefully keep the club where it is and ideally improve it.
Martinez is a coach who has divided opinon,some think he will be great,others think he is overrated,but judging him simply on things like win ratios is not the way managers are appointed.
I have reservations about him,but I think his teams play a style of football that could actually improve our team.We must remember that the new Man Utd manager was responsible for some very poor performances and team selections last year.

Regarding McCarthy,I think he will be a top player in a couple of seasons.He has been compared to Gerrard and rightlt so ,in my opinon.It probably won't be at Everton,but soon he will be a big player at a big club.

Column A

I'd be happy to pay for his train ticket to Liverpool and I'd drive him to Goodison personally

Failed at West Ham and lets face it failed with Watford this season. Had them up there all season only for them to stumble at the final hurdle and crap themselves at Wembley. Its a big no from me.

Unless we are getting him as a player... even at his age I would still have him.

SAF has a win rate of 60% at Utd,if he managed at Wigan with their budget,I wonder what it would be ?
Clubs take a risk when appointing a manager,they look for attributes beyond a simple win ratio.
What did Utd look for when appointing David Moyes ? ,it certainly wasn't his win ratio ,it wasn't his history of trophy winning,it wasn't his record of success in Europe or enen his experience in Europe.

They have looked for characteristics beyond the obvious to pick out a manager they hope can continue their success...as it happens I don't think they made a great choice.

At Everton we have a similar problem...we are looking for a manager that can hopefully keep the club where it is and ideally improve it.
Martinez is a coach who has divided opinon,some think he will be great,others think he is overrated,but judging him simply on things like win ratios is not the way managers are appointed.
I have reservations about him,but I think his teams play a style of football that could actually improve our team.We must remember that the new Man Utd manager was responsible for some very poor performances and team selections last year.

Regarding McCarthy,I think he will be a top player in a couple of seasons.He has been compared to Gerrard and rightlt so ,in my opinon.It probably won't be at Everton,but soon he will be a big player at a big club.

I agree with this. in my opinion moyes tactics didnt complement the players he bought. which is a shame really as his purchasing is second to none.

If Martinez commits to wigan today, I will get worried cos I cant see the board going for Vitor, so what does this leaves us? Lennon, internal appointments.

Failed at West Ham and lets face it failed with Watford this season. Had them up there all season only for them to stumble at the final hurdle and crap themselves at Wembley. Its a big no from me.

Unless we are getting him as a player... even at his age I would still have him.

the fans will love him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back