Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not doubting his ability to motivate a team in a cup final, but what about his ability to do it away at Fulham in November? Wigan have been too easy to roll over for too long, thays my worry.

Because in the end, average players are just that.....average players.

With a defense of Caldwell an Sharner, they should have been down by Feb.

Thats not totally accurate though really. Mallorca were doing fine until they were hit with monetary problems which resulted in them giving up a place in Europe.

He has done a fine job generally at everywhere except Spartak.

Managers not staying long is the norm these days really. I would be more worried about our board. If we were to sign him they would have to step up and give him a reason to stay on.

I still think the reports of his £10 million buyout clause rules him out. At least I would hope it rules him out!

I think if he had our squad instead of Wigan's, he would have. When it comes down to it, Martinez was a good musician with terrible instruments whereas Moyes was a terrible musician with good instruments.

hahaha This is so wrong it´s like one of Goebbles "big lies".

Fact:

Martinez got Wigan relegated after 4 years of managing them, on a budget of smiliar size to the two managers before him who outperformed him in the league.

I will totally support any new Everton Manager but it is worrying when the manager we are being linked with only has a 25% win ratio and whose team has just been relegated , hopefully if he takes over he will prove everyone wrong and be a top manager but i really very much doubt it.

[SUB][/SUB]
Because in the end, average players are just that.....average players.

With a defense of Caldwell an Sharner, they should have been down by Feb.

I dont get this argument. Were these not players that HE brought in. You cant complain about the quality of team available to him, when 90% of that team is what he bought.

I think if he had our squad instead of Wigan's, he would have. When it comes down to it, Martinez was a good musician with terrible instruments whereas Moyes was a terrible musician with good instruments.

You can only go on facts,Martinez was the manager of a team that were relegated,and he actually said that
He didn't see it coming, just think there are better alternatives like

Martinez would be okay I think. Not fabulous, but okay.

Thats where I'm at. The day Moyes announced he was going Martinez was very high up the list of candidates and I don't think things have changed. Martinez and Weir or Neville as No2 and I'd be happy enough.

Certainly more exciting that the list of the usual dole pushers like Hughes, O'Neil, Mcliesh, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back