Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few general rules should be applied, like, for instance, no manager with a Twitter account (Lennon) or whose greatest achievement, despite all the odds, is mediocrity (Hughes).

Roberto Martinez, Steve Clark and Malky Mackay (tweeter?) would be the likely choices for me, although I still think Moyes will stay.

Moyles is a-staying....appointed new pointer, dispensed with old pointer, confirmed player requirements.....and ordered 40 Lts of Farrow & Ball 'Elephants Breath'for his office walls at Finch Farm

Panic over.

As you were, troopers.

Some Moyes quotes from today's press conference

There is nothing at the moment. I talk with the chairman regularly but there won't be anything until the end of the season.

"I have had a bit more information [on the club's finances this summer] and how I am going to be able to spend and use the money. A lot of it is to do with the Premier League rules as well. I have been getting some good stuff back. The club are obviously doing everything they can to make sure we have got what we need. We have a side that we need to start thinking about turning around a little bit."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/12/david-moyes-everton-phil-neville?CMP=twt_gu

I've said for a while I think he'll end up staying, and it does look like it'll be down to how much money he gets to spend in the Summer

Some Moyes quotes from today's press conference

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/12/david-moyes-everton-phil-neville?CMP=twt_gu

I've said for a while I think he'll end up staying, and it does look like it'll be down to how much money he gets to spend in the Summer

That's about how I thought it'd work out: Moyes agreeing to stay with absolutely no improvement in his ability to secure funds and make any progress on the pitch. The reference to Premier League rules is probably in relation to the recently passed EPL governance requirement that clubs spending over £52M on wages per season have to peg their wages now. We stand at £63M per season. We'll be doing effective cost cutting rather than expanding the squad with newly bought talent - no doubt moving big wage earners out (priobably the real reason Neville will defo go this summer, for example). The only legal way around this wage pegging is to use commercially-derived cash to increase the ability to spend on wages over and above the limit...and seeing as our commercial performance is retarded that isn't a loophole we can explore.

This is a complete disaster for us. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it. It means we'll have Moyes overseeing a holding pattern for the next few years with less resources in relative terms than he's had before.

In short: we are completely ****ed as a competitive force.

The Porto manager is useless. Porto fans want rid since last season and he hasn't improved this year. Just because he won the league doesn't mean he's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back