Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has his heart set on staying at Everton and actually winning something but I think his head is telling your hitting a brick wall mate move on.

Some Moyes quotes from today's press conference

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/12/david-moyes-everton-phil-neville?CMP=twt_gu

I've said for a while I think he'll end up staying, and it does look like it'll be down to how much money he gets to spend in the Summer

I've said it a few times and I'm probably annoying so apologies but a quick question for those who believe its about how much money he gets to spend .

If moyes gets the assurances he wants in relation to spending but gets a formal approach from united , city , arsenal , spurs , Chelsea or whoever will he stay with us ? If your answer is "no" then it's really not about the transfer money and if your answer is "yes " then all I can say is really ?

I've said it a few times and I'm probably annoying so apologies but a quick question for those who believe its about how much money he gets to spend .

If moyes gets the assurances he wants in relation to spending but gets a formal approach from united , city , arsenal , spurs , Chelsea or whoever will he stay with us ? If your answer is "no" then it's really not about the transfer money and if your answer is "yes " then all I can say is really ?

Still skirt lifting then. But as he isn't hearing anything on the grapevine for his services he's "planning" his next season with Everton.

Still skirt lifting then. But as he isn't hearing anything on the grapevine for his services he's "planning" his next season with Everton.

This. He's pimped himself out, had no takers and is now "settling" for us. He looks a bit if a div to be honest and I like the guy!

Why "really" sheeds?

Moyes is no different than anyone in any job in the world. Of course he wants to stay and build and have some assurances, but as sure as eggs are eggs if a top, top side made him an offer he couldn't refuse he'd be gone...who wouldn't? You and I would do exactly the same in that position as its totally natural to do so. To say or suggest otherwise just reeks of 'agenda', and as an enjoyer of your posts here and previously on kipper I'd be surprised if you had an 'agenda'. Maybe your personal view is that it's time for change, and that's fine, but I think suggesting Moyes is being a bit disingenuous is somewhat wide of the mark.
All about opinions though I guess.

Why "really" sheeds?

Moyes is no different than anyone in any job in the world. Of course he wants to stay and build and have some assurances, but as sure as eggs are eggs if a top, top side made him an offer he couldn't refuse he'd be gone...who wouldn't? You and I would do exactly the same in that position as its totally natural to do so. To say or suggest otherwise just reeks of 'agenda', and as an enjoyer of your posts here and previously on kipper I'd be surprised if you had an 'agenda'. Maybe your personal view is that it's time for change, and that's fine, but I think suggesting Moyes is being a bit disingenuous is somewhat wide of the mark.

I know what you are saying, but he is saying his decision rests on the amount of money he gets next year, but that isn't strictly true is it. If he gets 30 mil next year and arsenal come in for him he will leave.

I know he isn't going to come out and say that but his decision is as much about other jobs as it is about funds

Why "really" sheeds?

Mate I can assure you there is absolutely no agenda and on change I'm not committed although I think the Wigan situation really annoyed me as did my opinion he's been looking for offers and making it about 'anything else' since . It's no coincidence to me that his comments about guarantees started after Wigan and after those close to him told him he'd got it wrong . I have no problem with moyes looking about why wouldn't he ? I do have a problem if we are treated as a back up , I'd be the same with any member of the playing staff as well .

I cant tell you moyes wanted the spurs job but i tell you 100% his agent/brother was making attempts to get hold of levy that is definite . I know why I think that was .

I'm not anti -moyes although I admits I'm bit as pro moyes as others , I do want the best for everton though mate and we need a committed manager that wants to he here . If its moyes ok if it's not then we can move on , I'd just like a bit of honesty there all mate.

Why "really" sheeds?

I think you can also look at it from the view that I'm sure other managers would sell their own mothers to manage Everton, even with its finances, on the back of where Moyes has positioned us in the league and squad.

Moyes has done enough that he can take or leave the club as he's hit the glass ceiling.

Roberto Di Matteo anyone?

BIT5wBVCIAAMjck.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back