Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully we're not southern based so that rules Redknapp completely out

I hope we go foreign actually, it's worked for Southampton who got a lot of stick for getting rid of Adkins but actually I think they've gotten a better manager in Pochettino. I like the way he has them press high up the pitch, that draw we got against them was the luckiest result we've got all season. I bet few had even heard of him before he went there as well. Like players, there are plenty of good managers on the continent who would come to Everton in a flash, even with the money situation. If a club like Swansea can attract Michael Laudrup that should be the example to Kenwright

If only we had some money. I think Lescott and Rooney are probably the only players who have left in recent times that we couldn't have held on to. I think if we'd have invested just enough to challenge for 4th, Arteta and Pienaar would definitely have stayed. Moyes would definitely stay. It's annoying that because we are so completely skint everything is slipping through our fingers. Wish the miserable situation at Boardroom level could be dealt with.

Moyes is staying. He's seen progress, seen how losing a player and reinvesting wisely is a way forward and seen potential in players like Barkley, Coleman and Anichebe. It's conceivable we could end this season very close points wise to a Champions League place and will be left ruing late equalisers in games we should of ran away with. From those I have heard from in sourced positions, that TV money will make a difference and the manager has already been told there is a pot for him to tinker with the squad. I think he will stay and we will come close again next season and who knows we may even do it.

i'd hate mckay, wouldn't be a step forward at all, would be almost the same dire football we have to watch at the moment - probably even worse

Moyes is staying. He's seen progress, seen how losing a player and reinvesting wisely is a way forward and seen potential in players like Barkley, Coleman and Anichebe. It's conceivable we could end this season very close points wise to a Champions League place and will be left ruing late equalisers in games we should of ran away with. From those I have heard from in sourced positions, that TV money will make a difference and the manager has already been told there is a pot for him to tinker with the squad. I think he will stay and we will come close again next season and who knows we may even do it.

I think he'll stay too, but it wont be for the positive reasons you outline.

Correct.

Because if those were the reasons he was staying he would already have signed on the dotted line and been openly looking forward to the challenge ahead.

Instead he is stringing our club along in the forlorn hope that he will receive a better offer.

And I think it a disgrace that Bill Kenwright has allowed Moyes the freedom to treat EFC so comtemptuously.

He should have told him to commit himself to the club or just go.

Everton Football Club is bigger and better than David Moyes.

Thankfully we're not southern based so that rules Redknapp completely out

I hope we go foreign actually, it's worked for Southampton who got a lot of stick for getting rid of Adkins but actually I think they've gotten a better manager in Pochettino. I like the way he has them press high up the pitch, that draw we got against them was the luckiest result we've got all season. I bet few had even heard of him before he went there as well. Like players, there are plenty of good managers on the continent who would come to Everton in a flash, even with the money situation. If a club like Swansea can attract Michael Laudrup that should be the example to Kenwright

It should be an example to Kenwright but in actuality as with a great many other things it will not be, no for King Bill his involuntary spin tick will have him donning his circus cap in no time and playing the media frenzy like a fiddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back