Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching back some of Wigans games and this time paying more attention to their style of play and I like what I see. It will work well at Everton and it should increase more goal scoring opportunities. Gone are the days of the ball up the field to Anichebe.

Thought Stubbs was coming

Hmm, wonder if Bills weekend break is in Geneva ?
Away from the glare of the british media.

I think he'll be consulting the financial power-houses that bank roll our club.
Ideally getting them to give Vitor and Ralf a mini-war chest to get them going.

Edit: Realistically, a mini-warchest = bag of mini-gems

Last edited:

Thought Stubbs was coming

I've since apologised and you can scroll back some pages to see that. I'm also entitled to my opinion as I only happen to miss a minimum number of games a season and pay my money like anybody else, don't see anything wrong with watching some Wigan games and getting an idea of how Martinez sends them out to play.

I've since apologised and you can scroll back some pages to see that. I'm also entitled to my opinion as I only happen to miss a minimum number of games a season and pay my money like anybody else, don't see anything wrong with watching some Wigan games and getting an idea of how Martinez sends them out to play.

He might not be manager though

Think what was being said mate was that it seems pretty convenient and a little odd that youve got this back catalogue of wigan games just sitting around waitint for you to go back and watch a second time, bit odd some would say jarg like

Of course there isn't mate, at least you are doing research before commenting on Martinez football.

Whens Stubbs coming mate?

I'm confused? What makes us think that Bill, Ralf and Vitor are all in Geneva together? I'd love it if this were true but is it really a possibility or are we just dreaming?

Ok, I've heard from a very strong source, Alan Stubbs is our next manager.

It's definite.

I don't think anybody believes me on Alan Stubbs being the next manager. I've heard it from a confirmed genuine source. The person who told me is family and has never gambled in his life. He put £700 on it because he's 100% certain.

I'm willing to take all of your abuse if Stubbs isn't manager. I'm not a gambler so I'm gonna put £100 on this today.

It's a wary appointment, very wary.

My mate said to me why hasn't it been made official by Bill Kenwright? This is the same man who has gambled nearly a grand on this. But what does he know? He's only his brother in law.

Alan Stubbs is set to take over the club on 1st July. He is working with Moyes from now til then getting prepped and prepared for a massive job which he is sure he can handle as he knows the club inside and out, understands the clubs finances and knows the whole first team set up.

I've just found out Alan Stubbs has got the job. I can't say who told me but its done.

You can choose not to believe me but this is the way it is and I'm unhappy about this appointment.

CONFIRMED: Alan Stubbs is the new Everton manager.

OK MATE X

I'm more than happy with Martinez, and similarly with Pereira or Ragnick (although the latter two based on what I've read rather than what I've actually witnesses).
Martinez, despite the haters already knocking him before he's even got here, is a football man - tactically more expansive than Moyes and equally good at man management -in truth I've yet to hear or read anything negative in that sense from anyone who has worked and/or played with/against him professionally. These days if here's anything negative whatsoever the media sniff it out and publicise it.....with Martinez that simply hasn't occurred, which for Everton should be considered a massive plus point.
It's clear that he his offensively very innovative and capable of developing that style within players. Moyes was to a point, but the centre-half mentality in him always stopped his team going that step more offensive, even though defensively his team in the whole was excellent. It's almost the direct opposite of each other -one offensively good defensively poor, the other offensively limited defensively spot on. The big bonus for me with Martinez is that the squad needs developing in the offensive area where he is really good - we know the players have it in them based on some very impressive forward-thinking attacking football played in spells over the last two years. Martinez, if he comes will have the likes of Mirallas, Coleman, Baines, Pienaar, Jelavic, Big Vic and Vellios to work with -all very able offensively. The rest of the squad are undoubtedly well-versed defensively -and if he were to keep two of, or all three of Weir, Stubbs and Neville I think it would work work really, really well.
Top and bottom of it is he's going to be working with much better individual players, and will be hopefully attracting better players than he could attract to Wigan. I don't buy the notion that he got Wigan relegated therefore he's not good enough for Everrton - plenty of coaches/managers/players have been relegated and proved to be successful after it.
A Martinez as manager and Ragnick as DoF is very interesting... As is a Pereira and Ragnick partnership. It's a tough call for Bill whatever you think of him as a chairman, and one that he needs to take his time with as it simply has to be for the right reasons.

Is Ragnick the name Moyes recommended?

We'd be daft to buy players to beef up the squad. Buy a player to replace a first teamer and make them a squad player. That way the quality goes up. Even if it's one or two it's better than buying dross for the sake of it. The only player of Wigan's I can say I've seen enough of is Kone. Wouldn't start him for us so wouldn't buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back