Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
won more trophies and been in the job for half the time
are you serious ? what a ridiculous comment.
moyes consistantly finished in the top half of the premeir league.
~ martinez constant relegation battles and then relelgated.
how many quarter final semis and finals did moyes get to compared to martinez ?

if martinez was better he would be at utd and moyes would still be our manager

haha chill beans, i'm only playing. plenty of quarter final places should not be an aim of everton though, winning trophies is the thing that matters. people will remember martinez masterminding a cup win in 20 years much more than taking them down.

To be fair mate, he was a good manager with a sh*t team. Would be intresting to see him with a team like ours. He may not be a big name that will attract top players but his style of football is good, he will be here for the long haul and not just **** off.

"Baines told the Liverpool Echo: "It all sort of seems to be going on at the moment. Roberto Martinez has been linked with the job. He is a terrific manager so we will just have to wait and see."

The whole idea of the interview process is to select the best candidate. As much as I dislike Kenwright I doubt he would select a manager just to piss the fans off. Martinez must have impressed most during the discussions, discussions I imagine that would have including defending and defence minded staff. By all accounts Martinez had impressed at the same stage with the R/S this time last year, so much so that they offered him the job.

I very much doubt Moyes had the best cv on the shortlist 11 years ago. He must have impressed Kenwright most though during discussions.

To be fair mate, he was a good manager with a sh*t team. Would be intresting to see him with a team like ours. He may not be a big name that will attract top players but his style of football is good, he will be here for the long haul and not just **** off.

i do actually agree . i think hes an honourable likable man. i think hes effort in trying to achieve is spot on and i really like his optimism. i think he would be a good manager.
but i dont think hes currently as good as moyes , and i think other candidates have an edge over him in terms of achievements knowledge and level of performance.

well said.
+ he's only 39

According to the Portuguese press, VP travelled to Geneve yesterday - and we're having our pre-season training camp in Switzerland. Whether it is a weird coincidence or he went there to check the facilities and whatnot, we don't know yet. But I'm getting more confident he'll stay.

The whole idea of the interview process is to select the best candidate. As much as I dislike Kenwright I doubt he would select a manager just to piss the fans off. Martinez must have impressed most during the discussions, discussions I imagine that would have including defending and defence minded staff. By all accounts Martinez had impressed at the same stage with the R/S this time last year, so much so that they offered him the job.

I very much doubt Moyes had the best cv on the shortlist 11 years ago. He must have impressed Kenwright most though during discussions.

Good point that bit in bold

quote... porto forum
DanielCruz
Grandstand

Re: We will have new coach Vítor Pereira or continues?
« Reply # 3767 on: Today at 11:43 am »
Vítor Pereira in meetings with businessman While The Guardian asserted that Vítor Pereira was placed on the final list of three names candidates for chair Everton, alongside Roberto Martinez and Ralf Rangnik as a possible successor to David Moyes, the Portuguese coach traveled yesterday to Brussels, where he met the businessman Belgian Christophe Henrotay. "It is true we were together, it was a courtesy meeting and to clarify strategies», advanced agent Belgian. Henrotay not specify the result of the conversation with the technical and referred to later clarifications on the future of Vítor Pereira, but it is certain that the news will not tarry: everything will be decided next week. Yet according to the British newspaper, Vítor Pereira has been formally met with the chairman of Everton Bill Kenwright, but the results of this meeting were not disclosed. The leader will be found as well as Spanish Roberto Martinez, the Wigan coaching, but this type of hearings is very common in England where clubs speak openly with coaches who select as candidates before taking the final. After having been in Brussels, Vítor Pereira have followed to Switzerland, more specifically to Geneva. In this case the trip would have directly to do with FC Porto, who must choose one country for an internship. Source: abolha

...Bill has gone on record as saying he appointed Moyes on his 'gut instinct' (rather than on his CV) and will do the same this time. Let's just hope he hasn't got bad bad guts this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back