Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll be very surprised if martinez brings more than 1 wigan player (probably be surprised if he brought 1 tbh) with him. Ignore the papers lads, because as soon as he signs they'll all be making rumours about wigan players that are coming here, they do it with every manager, so stop fretting.

he did amazing things in the transfer market at swansea so i am a bit at ease with how well he'll do at a club like ours who have a lot more to attract good players than wigan.

Martinez is the safe option and wouldn't mind if he was appointed but he's less exciting than Vitor . Some of those Wigan players are okay squad players and i would take a few . I can maybe see him coming in for Kone who wouldn't be a bad bench player to come on for jelavic . He could send vic on loan to Wigan as he was a big fan of him there and it would do him the world of good to be starting every game as he is not suitable to be first on the team sheet for Everton yet . Alcaraz wouldn't be bad on a free as it would free up money if heitinga moves and could ease the pressure on Duffy if he replaces distin. We defo need a centre mid and a winger if he use mirallas as and cam
Kone a squad player to sit on the bench? He has a 6.5 million release clause!

Scott Parker went down with West Ham, he is a quality midfielder.

It'll be worth analysing the Wigan squad, if anything we could strengthen the bench.

That to me says Martinez or Rangnick. I dont think Pereira is in the running, but ya never know?.

I'd be ok with all 3 of the shortlisted candidates but if we get Rangnick I will love it. I think someone coming in and implementing the German model would be brilliant for our club.

Kone stint with Sevilla will probably always haunt me. Especially now, when he was quite a success at Levante and Wigan.

Martinez has the knowledge of the Wigan squad as an advantage, he'll know about promising prospects in the pipeline (Wigan produced Baines) I'm assuming he'll have a good knowledge of their youth system.

Players will be leaving Wigan, they won't cost an awful lot and the wages won't be sky high. I'm sure Dave Whelan would rather they came here than anywhere else. Think of the money Wigan have lost for next season, players will have to be sold and the valuations shouldn't increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back