Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice Bill's pointman at SSN, Alan Myers, was tweeting last night he reckons it's down to two (Martinez + one 'non-Premier League' manager) but 'probably' heavily in favour of Martinez he implied. He also doubted whether there was a second interview for Martinez yesterday and said BK had gone away for the weekend to arrive at a decision.

That to me says Martinez or Rangnick. I dont think Pereira is in the running, but ya never know?.

If we really bring in five Wigan players then ill lose what's left of my faith in the people who run this club! We've just finished sixth and could of been higher (we would of had Moyes not been so negative) so how on earth are FIVE players who've just been relegated going to improve that! As others have said I'd take McCarthy and maybe Mcmanaman but that's it. If this is the price we have to pay for Martinez then I say forget it.
its not a good sign when a managers first thoughts are going with what he knows from his previous cliub without having a good look at what's needed. this is the biggest fear I have about Martinez and will feel a lot easier about him if his first couple of signings don't come from Wigan. I haven't seen any player at Wigan and thought they would improve on what we have and for their sake maybe they would be better at a team pushing for the championship title or mid to lower table. If he has any loyalty to Wigan too then he may end up paying over the odds rather than haggle.

McCarthy is a good young midfielder who hadn't looked out of place In the premiership, he much better then Joe Allan, Henderson, Rodwell and maybe even Cleveary from Man u.

Spot on, for some reason people on here think a team that gets relegated must have 11 bad players

McCarthy is not flavor of the month for me - been banging on about him for almost two years now. McManaman is however I'll admit that, but from what I have seen looks to be a good player who eventually could replace Pienaar, allowing Mirallas to move to the left.
Alcaraz is on a free and would be good cover. Would still like Duffy to get his chance.
Maloney would be an upgrade on Naismith and has looked very good whenever I have seen Wigan play, which is a lot.
Kone might be getting close to 30, but 13 goals for a relegation team is good and is good at leading the line. I would not have him for the £6.5 m. release clause that he apparently has, but for less he could do a job. Again someone like Vellios should be given a chance, but Kone would add squad depth. Besides Kone means wife in Danish - how weird would it be to have that on the back of your shirt in Denmark.:lol:

Safe to say, Whelan will make us pay through the nose for any Wigan players, McCarthy and Kone are two i think who would add to us. McManaman i think wont be as good as a lot make out, wouldnt say no to Al Habsi though. McCarthey is a class act, would be surprised if hes not at one of the CL clubs nbext season - but i know for a fact he wont stand not playing every week.

So to summerise we'll get Di Santo.

I don't want any Wigan players anywhere near our club.

They went down for a reason.

Just because we're getting their manager doesn't mean we get their players. Martinez will walk into us, see how much better our players are and know they are not the calibre we deal with.

Just because we're getting their manager doesn't mean we get their players. Martinez will walk into us, see how much better our players are and know they are not the calibre we deal with.

Id take one or two mate - McCarthy is a class act ive seen a lot of him, i wouldnt turn my nose up at Kone who Capable of double figures in the PL - they would add to us. But in the main id agree.

Roy Keane got relegated

I've watched McCarthy a lot and he's a good allround midfielder

I don't think he's the next big thing though, he's not THAT creative, he's pretty good at most things though. He'd be a good addition but only at a reasonable price (which he won't be).

As we don't know who the next manager is,it's highly unlikely that it's know who he would want to bring with him.
If it were Martinez,then McCarthy would be the one player above all that would improve our team.
He is already a very good player and will get better.
If you were looking for a player to compare him with in style of play,I would say it would be Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back