Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy plays further up the pitch than Gibson.

Really???

Everytime I've seen him he seems to play the deep role, same as Gibson plays for us?

Well if he plays higher up, then he's even less effective than I thought....hardly drives forward does he scoring goals and such.

Maybe that's because he was at Wigan or his age.
Not for me I don't think!

Agree 100%. Martinez wasn't anywhere near my preferred "list" but I too will support him. And like you, the thing that concerns me most is his potential moves in the transfer market.

Moyes' biggest strength was his dealings in the market, when he actually had the opportunity.

Being linked already with Kone and Alcaraz is already concerning me. He better stay well away from any player at Wigan.

To be fair I think Alcaraz is very good centre half and Wigan probably would have stayed up had he not got injured, not tat I would sign him. I would only take mcmanaman and McCarthy from them. Hopefully he realises Mirallas is a centre forward as well, 20 goal a season man that lad.

If Wigan had 5 players good enough to improve a top 6 team they wouldn't of got relegated.

Not saying I want 5 of their players but our squad lacks depth, taking their best 5 players would undoubtably improve our squad. We'd be better off signing 2/3 players that would significantly improve our 1st team though.

Howard
Coleman Jags Lescott Baines
Donovan Fellaini Gibson mirallas
Barkley
Rooney

That team would murder it.
But it a pathetic team cos it wont happen tho, why have you got two judas in the team, Lescott and Rooney don't want to play for this club anymore, and Donavan is the past now. We've missed the boat on 2 seasons ago.

He's 30 years old! Not the kind of signings we should be looking to make. As for Alcaraz, he was a mainstay of a defense that has shipped record numbers of goals. NO, not even on a free thanks.

??? He was out for 6 months mate, first game back was at Goodison in the cup

Not saying I want 5 of their players but our squad lacks depth, taking their best 5 players would undoubtably improve our squad. We'd be better off signing 2/3 players that would significantly improve our 1st team though.

We do lack depth, but in distin, osman, pienaar anichebe we have players who can become very good squad players if we replace them with quality in our first 11

If we really bring in five Wigan players then ill lose what's left of my faith in the people who run this club! We've just finished sixth and could of been higher (we would of had Moyes not been so negative) so how on earth are FIVE players who've just been relegated going to improve that! As others have said I'd take McCarthy and maybe Mcmanaman but that's it. If this is the price we have to pay for Martinez then I say forget it.

Kone is like having a more expensive but only slightly better Marcus Bent. I would be disappointed if we signed him and sold Jelavic. Mcmanaman will command a huge fee which we won't pay and I pose the question what does McCarthy do that Rodwell didn't and get slated for?

McCarthy plays and is not injured most of the time. He will be a hell of a player in time

Martinez is the safe option and wouldn't mind if he was appointed but he's less exciting than Vitor . Some of those Wigan players are okay squad players and i would take a few . I can maybe see him coming in for Kone who wouldn't be a bad bench player to come on for jelavic . He could send vic on loan to Wigan as he was a big fan of him there and it would do him the world of good to be starting every game as he is not suitable to be first on the team sheet for Everton yet . Alcaraz wouldn't be bad on a free as it would free up money if heitinga moves and could ease the pressure on Duffy if he replaces distin. We defo need a centre mid and a winger if he use mirallas as and cam

McCarthy is a good young midfielder who hadn't looked out of place In the premiership, he much better then Joe Allan, Henderson, Rodwell and maybe even Cleveary from Man u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back