Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez has the knowledge of the Wigan squad as an advantage, he'll know about promising prospects in the pipeline (Wigan produced Baines) I'm assuming he'll have a good knowledge of their youth system.

Players will be leaving Wigan, they won't cost an awful lot and the wages won't be sky high. I'm sure Dave Whelan would rather they came here than anywhere else. Think of the money Wigan have lost for next season, players will have to be sold and the valuations shouldn't increase.
You are way too optimistic. Last summer Jarvis went for 10.5m and Fletcher for 12m from relegated Wolves, paying this kind of money for McCarthy and McManaman would be absurd. ANd this probably will be expected by Whelan.

Last edited:
You are way too optimistic. Last summer Jarvis went for 12m and Fletcher for 12m from relegated Wolves, paying this kind of money for McCarthy and McManaman would be absurd. ANd this probably will be expected by Whelan.

I'd be physically sick if we paid 12 mil each for that pair. Surely it couldn't happen.

that's because he is

fosho_4.jpeg

ok martinez ,whos not as good as moyes ,what backroom staff will he bring ? bet there not as good as the ones leaving.
in fact i bet they wont look out of place at a burnley or mansfield.
so dont expect us to be as good on the pitch or enticing top signings.
im shocked we have interviewed managers who have managed some great players and in the champions league , yet we go for a lower league manager.
ill back him but i dont think he is the best choice by a long long long way.

ok martinez ,whos not as good as moyes ,what backroom staff will he bring ? bet there not as good as the ones leaving.
im shocked we have interviewed managers who have managed some great players and in the champions league , yet we go for a lower league manager.

I totally Agree with this mate:(

There is very little evidence that we have interviewed anyone other than Martinez. And it is ridiculous to commend someone for supposedly having a quality shortlist if you are going to choose the weakest candidate.

It is no different to having a shortlist of Neville, Stubbs and Martinez, as the result is the same if Martinez gets appointed.

This is likely to happen.

won more trophies and been in the job for half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back