Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nev wants:-

1 “ to see Everton promote from within the club or I’d like to get someone in who is completely fresh who has won something.

2 “to see someone come in who has won league title somewhere. Whether it be from Spain, France, Germany, I don’t mind. I want someone who actually knows what it’s like to win the league somewhere.

3 “to make sure someone comes in who knows what the fans want, knows the history of the club and understands what the fans want.”

So an internal appointment that has won leagues and knows the club history.............So that's nobody then (unless you count Pips playing career)

you deaf to the word 'or' that he clearly uses several times? An internal candidate or someone from abroad that has won the Spanish, French or German leagues.

Big Nev is an absolute crackpot sometimes.

I'd love Rangnick meself, see if we can get the fabled German efficiency back in Jela.

Vitor or Ralf.

Martinez is a 'he'll do, I reckon' option.

In all the excitement for flair and attractive football some fans should get used to seeing Everton lose with alacrity. We may have a decent defensive record now but wait till Martinez is at the helm.

Ask Wigan fans. They didn't get relegated by mistake.

Looking like its going to be Martinez he should be judged on what he does at everton and not what he has done at wigan

you deaf to the word 'or' that he clearly uses several times? (really?)An internal candidate or someone from abroad that has won the Spanish, French or German leagues.

Neville Southall: Appointing Roberto Martinez would show Everton lack ambition

Neville Southall reckons that if Roberto Martinez becomes Everton’s new manager it will prove the club lack ambition.
The former Wigan boss is a front runner to replace David Moyes, who takes over from Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United on July 1, along with Porto boss Vitor Pereira and Ralf Rangnick.
But the ex-Toffees goalkeeper is unimpressed at the calibre of coach Bill Kenwright is targeting, and has insisted that they should either bring in an experienced league winner from Europe or promote a current coach at Goodison Park.
He told the Weekend Sports Breakfast: “I’d like to see Everton promote from within the club or I’d like to get someone in who is completely fresh who has won something.
“I’d like to see someone come in who has won league title somewhere. Whether it be from Spain, France, Germany, I don’t mind. I want someone who actually knows what it’s like to win the league somewhere.
“What Everton do lack is that little bit of ambition. Everton fans don’t want to win the FA Cup, although they will take it if it’s the only thing on offer, they want to back to winning the league and being in the top four.
“They need to make sure someone comes in who knows what the fans want, knows the history of the club and understands what the fans want.”

Nor am I blind, no "or's" connecting any of the points Nev made, smartarse;)

So Nev wants:-

1 “ to see Everton promote from within the club or I’d like to get someone in who is completely fresh who has won something.

2 “to see someone come in who has won league title somewhere. Whether it be from Spain, France, Germany, I don’t mind. I want someone who actually knows what it’s like to win the league somewhere.

3 “to make sure someone comes in who knows what the fans want, knows the history of the club and understands what the fans want.”

So an internal appointment that has won leagues and knows the club history.............So that's nobody then (unless you count Pips playing career)

i think he does mean playing careers , pip stubbs and weir have played at the top and won titles and know the club.
martinez has won the third division and league cup.

Vitor or Ralf.

Martinez is a 'he'll do, I reckon' option.

In all the excitement for flair and attractive football some fans should get used to seeing Everton lose with alacrity. We may have a decent defensive record now but wait till Martinez is at the helm.

Ask Wigan fans. They didn't get relegated by mistake.

Agree with you on this tho mate

If you listen to all of that interview with Southall he's pretty ok with Martinez and is being pushed into say something bad about him by Micky Quinn. If that divvy put half the effort into feeding his horses that he puts in to making trouble for Everton he'd still have a stable to run.

Hahahaha. The fat kopite horse starving f*cking meff.

Half time team talks in the 6 yeard box, Nev leaning against the goalpost..."I'M NOT F*CKING HAVING THIS, LADS!". Reidy as assistant, whipping players on the penalty spot..."GET STUCK IN YOU TW*T!!"

You know it makes sense...

tumblr_inline_mkskco1MMx1qz4rgp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back