Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreading to hear the gushing nonsense that Bill comes out with about Martinez. If we think Whelan's bad then we aint heard anything yet.

I'm also not convinced about all this interviewing going on. I think we should identify the best man for the job based on how good they are, not base it on how good they say they are.

Too true, all too evident when looking at what Damien Comolli did to Liverpool after apparently giving a great interview. Thought he did a great job myself though, with his £110m spending spree in FSG's first year, they've never really got over it.

Those people just assume with better players, we won't do that bad under Martinez. They just assume by setting up an attacking side and formation, the results will go our way. In reality, is this a bit optimistic?

There's only one way to find out.

I just want to see my club playing modern, progressive attacking football. Maybe results might get worse and we might drop a couple of league places, but I would sacrifice that for playing good football.

Thats not what he was saying mate, the other fella was basically saying he doesn't care if we play boring football.

nope. he asked "do you actually go to Goodison mate" intimating that if he didn't what would he know.

You don't need to agree, but his view is as valid as anyone else's. The fact that I rated Neville for the whole of the time he had with us (last 6 month's excepted), doesn't make me wrong just that I have a different view to others, for example.

There's only one way to find out.

I just want to see my club playing modern, progressive attacking football. Maybe results might get worse and we might drop a couple of league places, but I would sacrifice that for playing good football.

Fair enough. I rather we win 2-1 most of the time and get 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back