Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez sets up to win every game which is exciting but against better teams you'll just get picked off.

Moyes set up to draw away games at the better sides and nearly always got picked off. If you're going to get picked off, you might aswell do it fighting

I haven't been bored at many home games this season, tbf. It's the away games where Moyes' negative nature really shows himself.

We're awful in most away games.

Setting up to attack the opposition does not mean you have more chance to get 3 points. Most likely it will weaken the defence. If boring tactic can give us a 1-0 win, I actually won't mind that becuase Everton get 3 points.

I honestly believe we didn't give it enough time. We were making that many chances we would have started to demolish teams.

Yeah it truly was baffling how we didn't score a ton more goals in some matches...our build up play was scintillating sometimes....... Did we thrash anyone?..... I guess it's telling that Newcastle reached 1000 EPL goals before us with two years less than us....

Moyes set up to draw away games at the better sides and nearly always got picked off. If you're going to get picked off, you might aswell do it fighting

Our record against teams above us was excellent this year.

In fact our home record against the top teams is one of the best in the league.

I thought you were Howard Kendal.

You are right. If Everton are boring and end up 6th and Wigan play expansive exciting football and end up relegated I know which I'd prefer.

I am not a Martinez fan.

Those people just assume with better players, we won't do that bad under Martinez. They just assume by setting up an attacking side and formation, the results will go our way. In reality, is this a bit optimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back