Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did, his first two seasons we were actually martinez like in our attacking.

I remember when we played the invincibles we had like 5 strikers on the pitch.

But we lost so many games that second season because we couldn't keep a clean sheet and ended up 17th and Moyes just got scared and went feck it, I'm playing for 1-0s now.

Martinez never did that, I'm still not sure whether that's a recommendation or a flaw, tbh.

Martinez sets up to win every game which is exciting but against better teams you'll just get picked off.

pretty much what happened this season, we attacked teams didn't finish them off because of poor finishing, shipped a few late goals moyes panics and Howard is kicking long again. I personally thought he was wrong to bail on the attacking football.

Me, too.

But, to play devil's advocate, it worked. As much as I admired and enjoyed the football in the autumn, we won more games and more points after christmas.

I don't have to go to Goodison to watch them play right? In fact, I watch every Everton match live since 2005. And I don't live in the UK by the way.

I thought you were Howard Kendal.

You are right. If Everton are boring and end up 6th and Wigan play expansive exciting football and end up relegated I know which I'd prefer.

I am not a Martinez fan.

Martinez sets up to win every game which is exciting but against better teams you'll just get picked off.

Exactly, which is why if he becomes our next boss, It will be so important to keep some background staff to help him deal with that

Because why would you want to go and watch boring football every week, that wouldn't make sense.

whether you go to the games or not, why would you want to witness your team going into games believing its beaten before its even kicked off, and showing no intention to win a match? I wasn't particularly anti-Moyes but this was by far my biggest gripe with him

Me, too.

But, to play devil's advocate, it worked. As much as I admired and enjoyed the football in the autumn, we won more games and more points after christmas.

I honestly believe we didn't give it enough time. We were making that many chances we would have started to demolish teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back