Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we've diffused a melt thread by all having a pop at each other's mars. Well in, it's the Everton way.

Whoever comes in needs time, patience and support. Not like jarg kopite support with flags and adoration, but just some backing. If we don't then were likely to [Poor language removed] it up for ourselves.

Most lids have their favourite but the three options are not bad options. We'll play some nice togger next season.

its not about wanting him to fail its the fact that his win ratio is abysmal, he's just relegated a team yet we have other candidates with CL experience etc. yet probably will be overlooked it boggles the mind. People say "well his ratio at swansea was better than rodgers" doesnt matter swansea were a Championship team its easier to have a better win ratio when your playing wolves not man Utd

I appreciate all that but unfortunately there isn't one candidate who isn't a risk. Pereira has become flavour of the month on here but 99% of people if truthful know nothing about him. Martinez is going to come into a club in a football mad city that has much higher expectations then Wigan, a club that until 20 years ago were renowned for playing football on the carpet like he likes to play. He likes a youthful team and we have the best academy in the business in all age groups up until Moyes reluctance to bring them through to the first team. He is an honest and respectful man, something this club and the supporters require. We will not accept ********s leading us the way that shower love it. It just feels like this may fit.

If he has 2 seasons with a 25% win ratio by all means he should be let go but he deserves a chance as this club can change careers. Even now, not many players or managers pass through Everton without it gripping them. You don't here of many former everton players associated with other clubs. If he gets things right staff wise defensively then this could be a great appointment.

I am very optimistic, what's the worst that can happen? We start again

So, we've diffused a melt thread by all having a pop at each other's mars. Well in, it's the Everton way.

Whoever comes in needs time, patience and support. Not like jarg kopite support with flags and adoration, but just some backing. If we don't then were likely to [Poor language removed] it up for ourselves.

Most lids have their favourite but the three options are not bad options. We'll play some nice togger next season.

1 bad fence sitter.

I appreciate all that but unfortunately there isn't one candidate who isn't a risk. Pereira has become flavour of the month on here but 99% of people if truthful know nothing about him. Martinez is going to come into a club in a football mad city that has much higher expectations then Wigan, a club that until 20 years ago were renowned for playing football on the carpet like he likes to play. He likes a youthful team and we have the best academy in the business in all age groups up until Moyes reluctance to bring them through to the first team. He is an honest and respectful man, something this club and the supporters require. We will not accept ********s leading us the way that shower love it. It just feels like this may fit.

If he has 2 seasons with a 25% win ratio by all means he should be let go but he deserves a chance as this club can change careers. Even now, not many players or managers pass through Everton without it gripping them. You don't here of many former everton players associated with other clubs. If he gets things right staff wise defensively then this could be a great appointment.

I am very optimistic, what's the worst that can happen? We start again

Problem is 2 seasons of a 25% win ratio will cripple us mate, our best players will **** off and mid table would see us lose millions in terms of league places which as a club we cant afford, we really cant afford to take risks which is what martinez is 100% more than the other 2. In my eyes the worst that Rangnick/Periera could do is what Martinez has done consistently with wigan over the years

Problem is 2 seasons of a 25% win ratio will cripple us mate, our best players will **** off and mid table would see us lose millions in terms of league places which as a club we cant afford, we really cant afford to take risks which is what martinez is 100% more than the other 2. In my eyes the worst the Rangnick/Periera could do is what Martinez has done consistently with wigan

Why would he only achieve a 25% win rate with better players at Everton mate?

Problem is 2 seasons of a 25% win ratio will cripple us mate, our best players will **** off and mid table would see us lose millions in terms of league places which as a club we cant afford, we really cant afford to take risks which is what martinez is 100% more than the other 2. In my eyes the worst that Rangnick/Periera could do is what Martinez has done consistently with wigan over the years

I don't understand the last bit?

Whoever we get will be a risk, if moyes would have stayed it could have gone wrong. Nobody knows how it's going to turn out.

Why would he only achieve a 25% win rate with better players at Everton mate?

he's an average manager mate look at how long he had to sort his defense out yet still bought ****e, say we flog felli and he buys £25 mil worth of espanoza's we would be knackered. I hope im wrong as I would love us playing his style of football but I think the FA cup win has blinded blues who are desperate for us to win a cup, if Martinez had been thrashed by citeh in the final I dont think half the people that want him would want him still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back