Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is 2 seasons of a 25% win ratio will cripple us mate, our best players will **** off and mid table would see us lose millions in terms of league places which as a club we cant afford, we really cant afford to take risks which is what martinez is 100% more than the other 2. In my eyes the worst that Rangnick/Periera could do is what Martinez has done consistently with wigan over the years

But i just cant see his win rate continuing like that at Everton. I'm convinced this current squad of players would step up a level if they were allowed to express themselves. I think his tactics would suit better players. Suppose we will find out in due course, not everyone is going to agree.

I agree with you in that a bad appointment could set us back years, but no candidate is good enough to guarantee that won't happen.

he's an average manager mate look at how long he had to sort his defense out yet still bought ****e, say we flog felli and he buys £25 mil worth of espanoza's we would be knackered. I hope im wrong as I would love us playing his style of football but I think the FA cup win has blinded blues who are desperate for us to win a cup, if Martinez had been thrashed by citeh in the final I dont think half the people that want him would want him still

It wasn't the fact that they beat City that impressed me. It was the fact that Moyes would never in a million years go at a better team like that in a cup final. He would have just played percentages and hoped

why's everyone coming up with this "he'll be a risk crap" and then come up with names like pereira and ralf? How can a manager who has been in this country for years and managed in the league we are in, be more of a risk than two foreigners who have never played/managed in england

he's an average manager mate look at how long he had to sort his defense out yet still bought ****e, say we flog felli and he buys £25 mil worth of espanoza's we would be knackered. I hope im wrong as I would love us playing his style of football but I think the FA cup win has blinded blues who are desperate for us to win a cup, if Martinez had been thrashed by citeh in the final I dont think half the people that want him would want him still

But he'd be managing better players mate compared to Wigan and presiding over a bigger wage bill to enable it. He'd also have better facilities and a bigger surrounding to encompass it. It's all relative. Look at his success at Swansea. He's the same age as when Moyes came to Everton but he's already won a cup and had top flight experience.

This isn't to say he'll be the ideal man, we don't know what and I have my reservations too but every single one of them has faults which everyone is focusing on and it's harbouring a dangerous climate where the new man won't have full support. Right now he needs it.

We have three very decent candidates going for the job. I'd rather focus on their positives and whoever gets it will have my full support and patience with it.

But he'd be managing better players mate compared to Wigan and presiding over a bigger wage bill to enable it. He'd also have better facilities and a bigger surrounding to encompass it. It's all relative. Look at his success at Swansea. He's the same age as when Moyes came to Everton but he's already won a cup and had top flight experience.

This isn't to say he'll be the ideal man, we don't know what and I have my reservations too but every single one of them has faults which everyone is focusing on and it's harbouring a dangerous climate where the new man won't have full support. Right now he needs it.

We have three very decent candidates going for the job. I'd rather focus on their positives and whoever gets it will have my full support and patience with it.

ok fair play he will be managing better players!

but is his squad that he bought better than jewel's wigan squad and bruce's wigan squad? more bruce's to be fair! as he kept that squad in the league but went down with his own!

why's everyone coming up with this "he'll be a risk crap" and then come up with names like pereira and ralf? How can a manager who has been in this country for years and managed in the league we are in, be more of a risk than two foreigners who have never played/managed in england

By that argument Guardiola would be more of a risk than McCarthy.

Did he not have to significantly reduce the wage bill compared to his predecessors mate?

moyes had to sell arteta, pienaar, yak and beckford and have no money to spend mate but still had us around the top end of the table martinez would have had us scrapping for survival

By that argument Guardiola would be more of a risk than McCarthy.

Not really, Guardiola is a world renowned manager, there isn't a fan on here who hasn't had to look up Vitor or Ralf on google to gain an insight into them. That in itself proves the risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back