Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
same way malaga would have to google martinez mate, Periera has lost one game in 2 seasons and Rangnick has built teams successfully both have won silverware and have CL experience so why is martinez a lesser risk considering he has just been relegated?

Fair point mate, I suppose I just have an inkling towards Martinez. The same in that others prefer Vitor or whoever. There is no doubt Vitor can coach with that record but can he manage?

So I wasn't completely wrong?

The wage bill was risen since Jewell left, but Martinez (and bruce) funds that bill through sales so the overall money spent has dropped.

Martinez tends to finish about where the wage bill dictates, which is something worth noting for a club which out punches it;s wages, but he is in the rather uncomfortable position of having to pull aside and rebuild his side every year.

I must be missing something. Since when do we pay "top wages"?

We pay wages bigger than our transfer spend implies, but not "top wages" by any stretch of the imagination.

Aye.

Arsenal have a low cap but pay like their reserves the same as their stars so the overall wage bill dwarfs ours. Whereas we have two or three of three million a year, Moyes, Fellaini, Heitinga etc and the rest on feck all.

If you read any of my dull as feck financial threads, you'd know this stuff.

I do mate, interesting stuff too.

No, we really really don't.

Ok fair enough mate.

Not really, Guardiola is a world renowned manager, there isn't a fan on here who hasn't had to look up Vitor or Ralf on google to gain an insight into them. That in itself proves the risk

er excuse me Mr Quim, I didn't have to look them up

..and I still don't know who they are

Ok fair enough mate.

Sorry lad, my post might have come off as a bit nobbish, wasn't intended.

But our top earner is on something like 70-75k p/w... which while an absurd amount of money, is quite a long way off being in line with the top wages being paid in the Prem. Not to mention, as AF said, we only have a couple of players anywhere near that amount.

Sorry lad, my post might have come off as a bit nobbish, wasn't intended.

But our top earner is on something like 70-75k p/w... which while an absurd amount of money, is quite a long way off being in line with the top wages being paid in the Prem. Not to mention, as AF said, we only have a couple of players anywhere near that amount.

No mate, not at all. I thought that 75k is quite a stretch but then when I read your post I thought a few clubs pay that so you might have a point like.

Not many teams pay their top earners 75k per week

Every team above us pays their top earners SUBSTANTIALLY more (like at least an additional 33%) than that... plus the likes of Newcastle... even West Ham have at LEAST one player on that amount.

75k isn't massive wages for the Premier League anymore, sadly.

what top player wanted to sign for everton mate when moyes first arrived? the sign of a good manager is building a strong side even when the odds are against you, he brought in jags and lescott and cahill from lower league sides, arteta through scouting Martinez hasnt

Even when Moyes first arrived we were still a much bigger pull for players then Wigan, it must be hard as a manager to be turned down by 9 out of 10 players you approach. Even in January Stones to Wigan was done until Everton stepped in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back