Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea if you're being serious or not, and tbh it's too late at night to worry about it, so i'll proceed as if you are.

The only way we'd win the Premier League with two additions is if those additions were Messi and Iniesta.

I'm all for positivity, but what you're saying sounds massively RAWKish

Not saying we could win the league, but we'd have been well in the top three this past season if Jelavic had maintained his form from early 2012.

Btw, have we got a new manager yet?

HARRY REDKNAPP’S BACK ON EVERTON'S MANAGER LIST

QPR boss Harry *Redknapp is back in the frame as a surprise contender for the Everton manager’s job.

He was quoted at short odds a week ago to replace David Moyes, who is now in the Manchester United hot seat.

But Redknapp disappeared off the radar, with Everton chairman Bill Kenwright whittling down a 30-strong list of contenders to just three.

It is reported Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, Salzburg sporting director Ralf Rangnick and Porto boss Vitor Pereira are the hat-trick of choices.

Redknapp cannot be ruled out at this late stage, though, with Kenwright ready to announce the new Goodison manager tomorrow.

The QPR boss has had close links with Kenwright for a number of years and the chance to stay in the Premier League after the Hoops’ relegation would appeal.

A QPR club source revealed: “We hope he stays with us but we are concerned we could lose Harry because of the club’s relegation.”

Kenwright is understood to have been completely “blown away” by Rangnick when they met in London on Thursday.

He had the same feeling when he first talked to Moyes 11 years ago before appointing him as Goodison boss.

Martinez looks to be in the driving seat after a second interview but Kenwright is fully aware of murmurings among the faithful about his Premier League credentials.

Redknapp, though, would tick all the boxes for the Blues.

Brighton, meanwhile, are reported to be ready to move for free agent Phil Neville after his Everton contract finished last month.

But Neville is looking for a role nearer home and would be interested if new Manchester United boss and former manager David Moyes came in for him.

HARRY REDKNAPP’S BACK ON EVERTON'S MANAGER LIST

QPR boss Harry *Redknapp is back in the frame as a surprise contender for the Everton manager’s job.

He was quoted at short odds a week ago to replace David Moyes, who is now in the Manchester United hot seat.

But Redknapp disappeared off the radar, with Everton chairman Bill Kenwright whittling down a 30-strong list of contenders to just three.

It is reported Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, Salzburg sporting director Ralf Rangnick and Porto boss Vitor Pereira are the hat-trick of choices.

Redknapp cannot be ruled out at this late stage, though, with Kenwright ready to announce the new Goodison manager tomorrow.

The QPR boss has had close links with Kenwright for a number of years and the chance to stay in the Premier League after the Hoops’ relegation would appeal.

A QPR club source revealed: “We hope he stays with us but we are concerned we could lose Harry because of the club’s relegation.”

Kenwright is understood to have been completely “blown away” by Rangnick when they met in London on Thursday.

He had the same feeling when he first talked to Moyes 11 years ago before appointing him as Goodison boss.

Martinez looks to be in the driving seat after a second interview but Kenwright is fully aware of murmurings among the faithful about his Premier League credentials.

Redknapp, though, would tick all the boxes for the Blues.

Brighton, meanwhile, are reported to be ready to move for free agent Phil Neville after his Everton contract finished last month.

But Neville is looking for a role nearer home and would be interested if new Manchester United boss and former manager David Moyes came in for him.

What the actual ****???

Said it several times and been shot down but I wouldn't mind wobble face. He would keep us up the top end of the table, would have the respect of the players and has proved he does well with quality players.

I know a lot don't want or like him for reasons NOT connected to on the pitch matter's but I'd certainly not be disapointed. And this board would certainly keep his spending in check. At the same time he has the reputation to attract players, the likes of Martinez and vitor probably would struggle too.

Not to mention the 80/1 odds I got him at the day moyes left!!

Said it several times and been shot down but I wouldn't mind wobble face. He would keep us up the top end of the table, would have the respect of the players and has proved he does well with quality players.

I know a lot don't want or like him for reasons NOT connected to on the pitch matter's but I'd certainly not be disapointed. And this board would certainly keep his spending in check. At the same time he has the reputation to attract players, the likes of Martinez and vitor probably would struggle too.

Not to mention the 80/1 odds I got him at the day moyes left!!

I sort of see what you are saying mate.
watching him this season was a drag...felt sorry for him more than once. Luckily he might not be the kind of manager BK is looking for.

I sort of see what you are saying mate.
watching him this season was a drag...felt sorry for him more than once. Luckily he might not be the kind of manager BK is looking for.

Qpr were a complete shambles of mercenary type players. The only couple to come out with any credit were Townsend and Remy who he brought there. Don't think anyone could of helped that sinking ship last season.

At least on transfer deadline day when Harry's head popped out of the car window, with us, when he said nothing's happening on the transfer front....You could totally believe him!!

That is one of the worst pieces of journalism I have ever seen. A ridiculously sensationalist headline with nothing even remotely close to backing it up in the story. The story does more to disprove the headline than the other way around.

Hmmmm I don't know, anyone else find it strange that redknapp has not been talked about more for our job??

By that I don't mean us the fans (he's not a fan fav) but the media and pundits ect ect,,,,

Tbh I would of expected more talk of it. Redknapp himself has not spoke or been asked about it, No one in interviews or media have said "What about redknapp" think he'd do a job.....

Wouldn't it be a shocker if his name was announced.

Hmmmm I don't know, anyone else find it strange that redknapp has not been talked about more for our job??

By that I don't mean us the fans (he's not a fan fav) but the media and pundits ect ect,,,,

Tbh I would of expected more talk of it. Redknapp himself has not spoke or been asked about it, No one in interviews or media have said "What about redknapp" think he'd do a job.....

To me it looks like they have dismissed him from the start, practically no one cant see him managing Everton

.....Redknapp link seems tenuous but the Ralf Rangnik impressing part of the story might have an element of truth. Bill said he would act on his instinct as it served him so well last time, so if Ralf is creating a similar impression to Moyes Bill might take a plunge. Martinez remains my preference but if we are to go elsewhere then Rangnik is a much better proposition that Periera. I'd be so relieved if Vitor is slipping off the radar and Bill has got it down to 2.

The off-field issues with Redknapp are the reason he will never get linked with certain clubs IMHO. The man wriggled out of being convicted for tax offences by the skin of his make-believe dog's teeth.

United and Arsenal would never touch him with a bargepole - United could have had him instead of Moyes if they wanted - and that's a good enough indication for me. He is a dodgy character to say the very least, and he has no track record of success on limited funds - everything he achieved at Spurs (remind me how many trophies he won there?) was done on the back of a titanic transfer budget and he bankrupted Portsmouth in order to win one FA cup.

He oozes dishonesty and comes across as completely amoral, so is the absolute polar opposite of what I want associated with this club. I view him as an agent playing at being a manager.

Every bit as much of a "no" as Bilic. Both have certain qualities that mark them out as talented, but both have demonstrated that they do not have the character that a club of our history, reputation and stature demands.

Not that I believe in this article (but mention of Rangnick impressing Kenwright is interesting), but I also think Harry would do well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back