Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....Redknapp link seems tenuous but the Ralf Rangnik impressing part of the story might have an element of truth. Bill said he would act on his instinct as it served him so well last time, so if Ralf is creating a similar impression to Moyes Bill might take a plunge. Martinez remains my preference but if we are to go elsewhere then Rangnik is a much better proposition that Periera. I'd be so relieved if Vitor is slipping off the radar and Bill has got it down to 2.

Now we know who's on Bill's shortlist, and considering he insisted from the start he'd listen to us AND the fact that the club backtracked in the face of the uproar over the badge, I wonder if the modz might re-set the poll with new options:

Rangnik - solo manager
Pereira - solo manager
Martinez - solo manager
Rangnik as Director of Football with Pereira as Coach (assuming this combo to cost less than Martinez' wages and compo combined)
Cheese on toast

.....Redknapp link seems tenuous but the Ralf Rangnik impressing part of the story might have an element of truth. Bill said he would act on his instinct as it served him so well last time, so if Ralf is creating a similar impression to Moyes Bill might take a plunge. Martinez remains my preference but if we are to go elsewhere then Rangnik is a much better proposition that Periera. I'd be so relieved if Vitor is slipping off the radar and Bill has got it down to 2.

I've never at any stage jumped on the vitor ship. I think he's an inexperienced coach from a poor quality league with a star studded team handed to him on a plate. I think he's got potential disaster wrote all over him.

He doesn't run his club, deal with transfer's or even have a good bond with his own fans. The total opposite of what were suppose to be looking for!

That's not to say I'm stubborn enough to say it might not work and he could step up and end up being great but he's a MASSIVE MASSIVE risk and I'm suprised so many blues have jumped on the band wagon ignoring this, because he's won a couple of titles and has a fancy foreign name who claims to play attacking football.

That is one of the worst pieces of journalism I have ever seen. A ridiculously sensationalist headline with nothing even remotely close to backing it up in the story. The story does more to disprove the headline than the other way around.

Redknapp has been completely crowbarred into that story by a sub, I reckon. The references to him in the story don't even fit contextually. I'll bet it was a small story that's been puffed out with the meaningless addition of Redknapp.

That's not to say I'm stubborn enough to say it might not work and he could step up and end up being great but he's a MASSIVE MASSIVE risk and I'm suprised so many blues have jumped on the band wagon ignoring this, because he's won a couple of titles and has a fancy foreign name who claims to play attacking football.

If you alter four words in this paragraph, you have the argument against Martinez.

The source is the S**, so I apologise in advance but.....

RALF RANGNICK has played a trump card in his bid to become Everton boss.

The German, currently sporting director at Red Bull Salzburg in Austria, went down a storm with Bill Kenwright when he was interviewed by the Goodison supremo on Thursday.

Rangnick, 54, said he would be happy to have Everton coaches Alan Stubbs or David Weir as his No 2 — or see recently-departed skipper Phil Neville fast-tracked into the role.

All three were interviewed for the position but Kenwright is wary of appointing someone with no management experience.

Giving Rangnick the job would solve two problems for Kenwright, and so he is a serious contender after Roberto Martinez looked nailed on.

The Spaniard told Wigan he wanted to leave — after Kenwright had asked Latics owner Dave Whelan for permission to talk to him — and met the Blues’ top man a week ago.

Meanwhile, Whelan claims up to 50 bosses have applied for the Wigan manager’s job. But the Latics chairman will not interview anyone until Martinez’s future is resolved.

Whelan said: “Roberto is still our manager and we’re waiting on Everton to say they want him.”

Meanwhile, former Manchester United striker and current Molde boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has joined the running to become Everton manager.
Full story: The Times (subscription required)
Seriously don't know what to think about actually The Times posting something like this.

The off-field issues with Redknapp are the reason he will never get linked with certain clubs IMHO. The man wriggled out of being convicted for tax offences by the skin of his make-believe dog's teeth.

United and Arsenal would never touch him with a bargepole - United could have had him instead of Moyes if they wanted - and that's a good enough indication for me. He is a dodgy character to say the very least, and he has no track record of success on limited funds - everything he achieved at Spurs (remind me how many trophies he won there?) was done on the back of a titanic transfer budget and he bankrupted Portsmouth in order to win one FA cup.

He oozes dishonesty and comes across as completely amoral, so is the absolute polar opposite of what I want associated with this club. I view him as an agent playing at being a manager.

Every bit as much of a "no" as Bilic. Both have certain qualities that mark them out as talented, but both have demonstrated that they do not have the character that a club of our history, reputation and stature demands.
I would actually reccomend to check Redknapp net transfedr spending as Spurs coach - he did some buying, but Levy was also selling a lot during Harry's tenure. Plus he advanced to Champions League and did well there, bringing a lot of money to the club - I guess it doesn't count, right?

Last edited:
The off-field issues with Redknapp are the reason he will never get linked with certain clubs IMHO. The man wriggled out of being convicted for tax offences by the skin of his make-believe dog's teeth.

United and Arsenal would never touch him with a bargepole - United could have had him instead of Moyes if they wanted - and that's a good enough indication for me. He is a dodgy character to say the very least, and he has no track record of success on limited funds - everything he achieved at Spurs (remind me how many trophies he won there?) was done on the back of a titanic transfer budget and he bankrupted Portsmouth in order to win one FA cup.

He oozes dishonesty and comes across as completely amoral, so is the absolute polar opposite of what I want associated with this club. I view him as an agent playing at being a manager.

Every bit as much of a "no" as Bilic. Both have certain qualities that mark them out as talented, but both have demonstrated that they do not have the character that a club of our history, reputation and stature demands.

Your making a lot of presumptions there tho based on your opinion rather than fact.

Who knows, with the whole tax evasion thing but he was proved innocent in a court of law. Why anyone on that sort of money would be corrupt for a little extra money is behond me and don't forget they all have accountants in charge of all these matter's. he wasn't proved to be guilty so some "benefit of the doubt" must apply. Not defending tax evasion in any walk of life but accusations of this compared to some of the accusations of things that go on these days 10x worse with people then.....Well u know...

Why would arsenal or utd go for redknapp??? Arsenal have Wenger who I don't see there looking to move on anytime soon. Utd have had fergie for what 27yrs. They were never going to get a stop gap manager. If possible they want someone to do another 27 years hence choosing moyes. They certainly wouldn't want redknapp to then have to replace again in a few years.

I don't get this whole he "bankrupted Portsmouth" shout.... The owners bankrupted themselves. A manager gives a list of targets the board either says yes or no. I'm sure there's many of transfer our board have pulled out of due to wage demands/fee ect. And lets not forget once that team was split up the likes of Johnson Boatang Diarra crouch Defoe ect brought in big moneys.

Ozzie's dishonesty is again your opinion and sure perhaps many others. He doesn't with me like but hey life's about opinions!

Phil McNulty usually has things pretty spot on and he said BK deciding over RM/RR/VP and expect an appointment this week.

There's no way Redknapp would fit in at Everton. Needs a billion pound budget and would require a personal chopper from the south coast every day.

Very strong defensively - the best defence in the Portugese league last season, only conceded 14 goals all season, also had a goal difference of +56.

Lower league German manager. This is from the BBC site, August 2010:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8816646.stm

Not very inspiring.

To be fair mate that does not give a very in depth view of his career achievements. Will be honest I did not know to much about the fella but a bit of info here, I would be pleased if we got him to be honest. Try this wiki link for more information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralf_Rangnick

Harry won't get it, bill wouldn't go for someone as disloyal as him. Don't believe the 'blown away' by rangnick stories either, 'appointing an everton legend as his number 2- in a bid to groom them to become the next everton manager themselves'. It doesn't really work like that, until they've got experience elsewhere they'd always be a risk. Better off just getting a long term manager in now.

I suppose it's possible that he could be taken on as a director of football but what's the point really??

Harry won't get it, bill wouldn't go for someone as disloyal as him. Don't believe the 'blown away' by rangnick stories either, 'appointing an everton legend as his number 2- in a bid to groom them to become the next everton manager themselves'. It doesn't really work like that, until they've got experience elsewhere they'd always be a risk. Better off just getting a long term manager in now.

I suppose it's possible that he could be taken on as a director of football but what's the point really??

We couldn't afford to do that mate, although having him guide Martinez a bit seems a good shout

Redknapp does very slightly better than his budget says he should.

We need someone who does a LOT better than their budget or we'll be plummeting down the table.

Oh and before he got the big budgets at Spurs his teams had finished above Everton a grand total of once and never had a better goal difference.

Just hope this comes to an end Tomoz. I'm all for taking a bit of time and trying to get it right but had enough now.

Just tell us who our new manager is bill....

The transfer rumour thread is suffering!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back