Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually reccomend to check Redknapp net transfedr spending as Spurs coach - he did some buying, but Levy was also selling a lot during Harry's tenure. Plus he advanced to Champions League and did well there, bringing a lot of money to the club - I guess it doesn't count, right?

I take your point about net spend, but didn't do much buying?

="http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html"

October 2008 to June 2012 Redknapp spent around £207 MILLION, although that figure could be reduced by up to £60 million depending on how many of the summer 2012 signings you attribute to AVB instead.

The net spend was low because Daniel Levy sold off dozens of players to cover Redknapp's spending:
£30m for Berbatov, £19m for Robbie Keane, £16.5m for Darren Bent, £10m for Crouch, £10m for Van Der Vaart, £30m for Modric; Malbranque, Zokora, Pavlyuchenko, Palacios and Kranjcar all went for between £7m and £8m too. That's around £140m for just those eleven players. Another £70m was generated from the likes of Bassong, Corluka, Pienaar, Hutton, Taarabt and Chimbonda.

Regardless of the fact the net spend was pretty controlled, Harry was using a HUGE budget. He succeeds when he has a huge budget but the only way he'd get a big budget here would be by selling Felli, Baines, Jags, Coleman and Mirallas upon his arrival. Even then, what would that generate? £75m maybe? We'd then need to buy eight players in straight away, at least five of which were ready to start 40 games each at prem level.

Harry is a big money manager only, and he demands big wages himself too. Not only can we not afford him personally, we can't afford his methods either.

do we really want ralf???

Ralph_wiggum.gif

I see the Valencia jobs up for offer . Maybe Martinez fancys a few years in Spain because there are a few teams without managers like Malaga Valencia and even bilboa if their manager goes santos

Well it seems that Vitor is an outsider whilst Martinez and Ralf are the top two. I don't think we'll get another manager who will be with us for 11 years, so I have no problem appointing a 54 year old manager as long as he brings success.

Tbh I don't really know who is the better option. Ragnick I would imagine is tactically pretty sound but Martinez knows the Prem pretty well. My guess is BK has given the candidates a deadline of Monday to know the result judging by the Martinez statement.

This thread is like my crack. My really depressing crack.

...honestly don't know what I'm gonna do with myself when we finally name a manager. What will I nervously and fruitlessly be checking every hour then? Maybe ill have to join the blue union or something.

Well it seems that Vitor is an outsider whilst Martinez and Ralf are the top two. I don't think we'll get another manager who will be with us for 11 years, so I have no problem appointing a 54 year old manager as long as he brings success.

Tbh I don't really know who is the better option. Ragnick I would imagine is tactically pretty sound but Martinez knows the Prem pretty well. My guess is BK has given the candidates a deadline of Monday to know the result judging by the Martinez statement.

Are you imagining that Rangnick is tactically sound because he wears glasses? Because I'm with you on that one.

Your making a lot of presumptions there tho based on your opinion rather than fact.

Who knows, with the whole tax evasion thing but he was proved innocent in a court of law. Why anyone on that sort of money would be corrupt for a little extra money is behond me and don't forget they all have accountants in charge of all these matter's. he wasn't proved to be guilty so some "benefit of the doubt" must apply. Not defending tax evasion in any walk of life but accusations of this compared to some of the accusations of things that go on these days 10x worse with people then.....Well u know...

I appreciate that it's all opinion mate. Mine is based on conversations with colleagues in the legal industry: the consensus opinion among the barristers and solicitors I have worked with is that the Prosecution made a pig's ear of the case against Redknapp, given the weight of evidence there was against him. I trust their professional evaluation and therefore to me he is a very dishonest man.

Conversely many people think barristers and solicitors are the ultimate in liars and cheats, so who's to say who's right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back