Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if Ragnick is so good why hasn't he got a German club? seems to me he has past his sell by date in Germany as many managers have in this country, Alex Mcleish, Owen Coyle, Alan Curbishley to name a few, surely someone in this category is not good enough for Everton? just because he's German he seems more attractive to a lot on this forum, in my opinion he or even Pereria would be too much of a gamble, a costly mistake Everton cannot afford to make is appointing the wrong manager, Roberto Martinez is the sensible choice, if we don't take him, Malaga, Real Rociedad or another premier league team will and we may live to regret this costly mistake, with Martinez as manager the likeliest outcome is that we will not deteriorate, with the other two there is a higher probabililty we might, for god sake Pereria fans there is only 2 teams in Portugal, I could probably manage Porto and they'd challenge for the league, he's no better a proposition than Lennon!!!

Wish people would stop calling Martinez the sensible choice.
18 Wigan 38 -26 36
They lost 20 games, in a 38 game Season.

I'm a bit worried about Rangnick. Having consulted Wiki (Damon style), it seems his managrial posts always follow a similar pattern. Start like a train, then fall off the following season(s) and get sacked. Or her quits for a percieved 'better' opportunity. Well, that is my interpretation of what happens.

There are also a number of German language articles on him, which suggest he is a bit volatile in terms of his management style. Could be a rocky ride if we appoint! The polar opposite of Moyes in some respects...
He'd just be a short term fig leaf for an inexperienced internal candidate to get the job. The feller (Rangnick) looks flaky as **** to be fair.

It has to be remembered in all this that as long as Bungling Bill and the other hangers on are calling the shots it would not matter if we had Jose in charge we would not get anywhere near being crowned English Champions again.

Wigan will always struggle once they reach the height of the Premier League, they're a small club who for years outpunched their weight, to win the cup beating Man City at wembley, Man City comfortably beat Chelsea at wembley in the semi, they should have been nailed on for the final, even Martinez's biggest critics have got to admire what his team done in the cup, their performance at ours was exceptional, there is no doubt Martinez is the sensible choice, there's always a gamble with a new manager, he's the least gamble in my opinion, guys from other leagues who've never managed in the premiership are much more of a gamble, make the wrong choice and the £1 million or so we have to pay Wigan will be chicken feed, well it already is chicken feed, to pay that is nothing if you get the right guy, get the wrong guy and the costs are in the tens of millions.

We may just appoint following the 'Everton Way' *cough*. No, not an absolute balls up (for the more cynical minded. Albeit, this could be equally a valid perspective). A lot of the players we have signed over the last few years have come out of the blue with minimal press speculation. Whereas one the ones we get linked with rarely show up. So maybe we'll all get a shock on Monday...

*taps nose and mouths Mick McCarthy*

.....I reckon Bill is reading this thread to gauge supporter opinion and thats why he can't make his mind up. Bill its quite simple, Roberto is the man for us. Sign him up.

I reckon he signed up to do exactly that, but then he got caught up reading the top 5 crisps thread and that's why we haven't heard nothing yet.

.....I reckon Bill is reading this thread to gauge supporter opinion and thats why he can't make his mind up. Bill its quite simple, Roberto is the man for us. Sign him up.

If Bungling Bill wants it simple just look at he poll at the top. Its Pereira followed by the long forgotten Laudrup.

Well it seems that Vitor is an outsider whilst Martinez and Ralf are the top two. I don't think we'll get another manager who will be with us for 11 years, so I have no problem appointing a 54 year old manager as long as he brings success.

Tbh I don't really know who is the better option. Ragnick I would imagine is tactically pretty sound but Martinez knows the Prem pretty well. My guess is BK has given the candidates a deadline of Monday to know the result judging by the Martinez statement.

Yes Martinez knows the Prem really well in the sense of delivering poor results, flirting relegation every year before finally running out of luck.

This season gone QPR were riddled with issues and Reading were very poor (still annoys me our games against them) so Wigan only had to do better than the rest to avoid that last relegation spot and they failed.

Can talk up certain Martinez qualities but in respect of the Premier League it is absolutely shocking.

I'm a bit worried about Rangnick. Having consulted Wiki (Damon style), it seems his managrial posts always follow a similar pattern. Start like a train, then fall off the following season(s) and get sacked. Or her quits for a percieved 'better' opportunity. Well, that is my interpretation of what happens.

There are also a number of German language articles on him, which suggest he is a bit volatile in terms of his management style. Could be a rocky ride if we appoint! The polar opposite of Moyes in some respects...

I for one want volatility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back