Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are quite a few internet polls. Most of the results show Pereira is the manager they want. I think it is unfair to discredit the validity/results of those polls.

I'm not discrediting the polls. It's clear on here and online polls are favouring VP. But a lot of evertonians don't take part in such things is my point. Whether you would admit it or not its COOL to want VP, there is a bandwagon that people jump on in online forums ect... There will be many a evertonian who still has no real idea who he is....

There's young and old who are just as much as fans as you and me who do not come on such forums.

God I'll be glad when this is over!! Ha..

...really concerned with the way the vote is going and hope Bill doesn't tune in. Periera's pre-Porto CV saw him sacked when managing in the 3rd tier of Portugese football. He was then unsuccessfull in the 2nd tier before leaving a managers job to become an assistant to AVB at Porto. When AVB left, Periera inherited a top side which he managed to 2 titles. I'm really worried that there's a lot of hype about this fella and little substance.

Just let Martinez sign the contract Bill FFS and stop penny pinching on his wages for a few weeks! He needs to crack on with the job.

jose_mourinho.jpg

But he's just a coach Goat .............. :unsure: I'm sure managers don't do any of this coaching lark :dodgy:

To be fair mate, I would imagine it being the same people who voted in each poll, that's why results are so similar, I voted for Pereira in this one but now want Martinez

The same people in each poll? I give up! :blink: Thank goodness you switched camps!

I'm not discrediting the polls. It's clear on here and online polls are favouring VP. But a lot of evertonians don't take part in such things is my point. Whether you would admit it or not its COOL to want VP, there is a bandwagon that people jump on in online forums ect... There will be many a evertonian who still has no real idea who he is....

There's young and old who are just as much as fans as you and me who do come on such forums.

God I'll be glad when this is over!! Ha..

Yeah I hope this is over soon...I do hope Billy Liar had interviewed a number of candidates not just 1.

...really concerned with the way the vote is going and hope Bill doesn't tune in. Periera's pre-Porto CV saw him sacked when managing in the 3rd tier of Portugese football. He was then unsuccessfull in the 2nd tier before leaving a managers job to become an assistant to AVB at Porto. When AVB left, Periera inherited a top side which he managed to 2 titles. I'm really worried that there's a lot of hype about this fella and little substance.
Fair point.

We have very little by way of facts or quotes from within the club or the various other clubs or managers.

Facts:

Kenwright asked Wigan for permission to speak to Martinez and then told the media he was going to meet Martinez soon. He was one of a 'list of candidates' (sources, Whelan and Kenwright). Both men were seen leaving a hotel a few hours apart.

Kenwright has done three weeks of interviewing, internal candidates first - NO NAMES - managers out of contract second - NO NAMES - and then managers where he had to approach clubs first (with the exception of Martinez - NO NAMES)

Rangnick, Mackay and Laudrup have said things distancing themselves from the vacancy. We don't know if any of these have been interviewed.

And that's it isn't it? Everything else is jounalists talking (I heard this rumour they get things wrong and make stuff up sometimes) or worse, pure internet speculation. For example the whole Pereira thing is in the realm of the journalist and the internet forum. In terms of facts, he may never have been approached, and may have never had the remotest interest in the position.

Please add anything in that I have forgotten that is a fact by way of a direct quote from the person or club involved.

Last edited:
Just can't believe we are contemplating having a manager whose team as just been relegated
Perhaps I will wake up and realise it was just a night mare,What as become of us ffs

@GregOK: Take Ralf Rangnick #EFC talk 'denial' with a pinch of salt. He's under contract at current club so is just protecting himself.

Sounds logical

Oh no, cat among the pigeons.

Give it a rest, yes he was sacked but a more accurate account of his record is this:

Sanjoanense (3rd tier) - Did well and got him self a job with Espinho

Yes he was sacked at Espinho (3rd tier), but later went on to manage Santa Clara (2nd tier) for two seasons, and again was successful.

His abilities attracted the eye of AVB who took him to Porto for his coaching abilities. He's since then gone on to have a better record in the league than Mourinho and AVB. He hasn't been amazing in Europe, but neither did Alex Ferguson romp the CL every year.

To say he was unsuccessful in the second tier is totally inaccurate and wrong. After 11 years he's had 1 bad season, against Martinez 5

For god sake Everton, hurry up! Why must we always dither. The longer this goes on the more annoying its getting. If it ends up Martinez (as I'm sure it will) then ill be furious at the length of time the club took to pick the man we all knew they'd pick stright away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back