Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is perfect for us. I would be made up with him. Look at the tiny amoung of money he has to spend, and how he has them playing. THAT is what I would like, some entertainment for a change.
I looked at the goals scored of Martinez teams year by year and it was not impressive. His teams may pass it about nicely but there is no end result in the back of the net. As for doing well on a tiny amount of money ... I believe AF looked at him and he spent the 16th or 17th most and has them in 18th now (and never finishing higher than 16th?). So he is performing exactly as you'd expect for the amount they spend (if not slightly worse).

Some of you, no make that a lot of you are going to be eating your words of discontent if Martinez is made our new manager. I reckon after he has bedded in he would have us playing some of the best football seen for 11 years. Grossly under rated manager who knows how to play the game the right way
Mate I want Everton to do better more than I want to be right. If I'm wrong about Martinez I'd be very happy. However in this reality I think he's a decidedly average manager.

honestly, kenwright really needs to look at the bundesliga. ideal model for what he has been doing for over a decade: get youngsters in and cheap players, sell big, rinse/repeat. Doubt he even knows what that league is then.
That's pretty much what every non-money team tries to do. They all fail. It's a house of cards. We do the best at it already (although most would attribute it to Moyes rather than BK) and it's still painfully slow going.

what about michel laudrup
I think he would come here BUT we can't afford to buy him out (or at least while we technically could afford it I don't think BK would choose to utilize our limited funds on buying him out when he can get others for wages only).

Benitez would be so much fun as Everton manager.Evertonians would have to say that he is a FSW he is our FSW and would take great delight as he backtracks on all that he has previously said about us. The FSW would have to explain that recently when he said he would manage Liverpool again in the future...he meant he would manage in the city of Liverpool again and best of all,all his supporters at RAWK would go apoplectic with shock.
He would be hated by everybody,even worse than he currently is at Chelsea.

Will people stop saying Vitor Pereira? AVB good, Mourinho good, Vitor Pereira bad. Just ask any Porto fan. A monkey would win the title with them and he's struggling, and the football played by the team is light years away from past Porto teams.

Bit harsh considering Pereria lost Hulk, Falcao, Alvaro, Guarin & Ruben and was given hardly any of that money to reinvest.

we will end up with someone who is happy to work with a poor to non existent budget and is a yes man- step forward Martinez/reid/Neville/Bruce etc. etc.

Bit harsh considering Pereria lost Hulk, Falcao, Alvaro, Guarin & Ruben and was given hardly any of that money to reinvest.

They splashed a lot of cash on Danilo and Alex Sandro. Got Jackson Martinez who has seemed capable at times of replacing Falcao. Ruben Micael was always a fringe player. He had some rebuilding to do yes, but he's been a disappointment. And I had high hopes for him myself!

we will end up with someone who is happy to work with a poor to non existent budget and is a yes man- step forward Martinez/reid/Neville/Bruce etc. etc.

£20m extra TV money (every year from now on), £40m from the sales of Fellaini and Baines, less £20m to the bank, so halving our debt position. That'll still leave £40m -- I could build a team for that money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back