Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laudrup aint coming.

if Kenwright actually approached him he would come who else would he go too? Swansea wont be anything bigger than mid table, and the top teams will all have new managers come next season, the RS and Spurs have managers that would only leave us, he only signed a 1 year extension so its obvious he will be leaving

The bitterness towards him is embarrasing mate, see past that and he's a fantastic manager.

Sorry Bungle but hes not, i know he had success before he arrived in the PL but that charlaton has rode on the back of previous managers hard work...
Then when hes got control he spunks the clubs money on shoite, then has the cheek to **** off all around him (us included).

So in summary,, him and his notebook can FCK RIGHT OFF!!!

if Kenwright actually approached him he would come who else would he go too? Swansea wont be anything bigger than mid table, and the top teams will all have new managers come next season, the RS and Spurs have managers that would only leave us, he only signed a 1 year extension so its obvious he will be leaving

I think he has something else in mind.
Cant see BK doing that what ya said

I'd go for Mourinho!

He loves Everton - said so himself - even said he could manage us in one interview:

Get your cheque book out Billy lad!

Mourinho exclusive: I'd manage Man United, Arsenal, even Spurs or Everton - but NEVER Liverpool

Published 23:00 24/08/10 By Simon Bird
The Big Interview: Jose Mourinho

Liverpool can forget about ever luring Jose Mourinho to Anfield.

He said: “Manchester United would be a great challenge for me. But Liverpool is not the club for me. I know why, but I cannot tell you.

“Tottenham, Everton... Arsenal maybe. These are all fine clubs with very good managers.

“You can dream of what happens in one, two, three or four years. Who knows? I cannot say, but I think you have an idea of what I think about.

“I had a dream about being the manager of Real Madrid. It has come true. For me that is incredible.”

Mourinho is looking no further than being a success at the Bernabeu over the next few years, but said “nothing is forever” and has spoken of his love for England.

He added: “My ambition is success and I wanted to manage Real Madrid. I have no plans to leave. I have only just arrived.

“There is much work to be done. I do not know how long it will take. But I give my commitment to Real Madrid and we will see. Nothing is forever.

“But I have to commit. I can’t say Real Madrid one season, Manchester United, Liverpool the next, Barcelona after that. But I like England very much. I have many good friends there.

“Many of the Chelsea players are still good friends of mine and I always watch for their results and progress.

“They are doing well. Ancelotti is a fine coach and that is good for the club because they are a great club with many, many nice people.”

So would Mourinho like to manage Chelsea again?

He said: “I am careful what I say and what I think. For me it might be impossible. I don’t know. I am not saying I would not like to.

“Who knows? Football is strange and beautiful at the same time.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Real-Madrid-boss-Jose-Mourinho-exclusive-I-d-NEVER-manage-Liverpool-but-would-boss-Manchester-United-Arsenal-even-Tottenham-or-Everton-article562971.html

...really difficult predicting a successful successor but Bill and the Board could be accused of negligence if they haven't had a list of candidates for a while (in priority order). Its a major appointment but we will do well maintaining the status quo without investment. If the inevitable happens I wish Moyes all the very best and thank him for bringing stability to the club.

Laudrup aint coming.

Sad but true. I would imagine he's on several shortlists - Arsenal and Chelsea are probably both taking a look, and I could see Man City coming in for him too.

There's no guarantee Moyes is going. There are better candidates out there, from Manyoo's perspective. Mourinho, Klopp, Heynckes, Ronald Koeman, Frank De Boer, Joachim Low... Carlos Queiroz is currently coaching IRAN ffs!!

As for us: No thanks to Martinez and Lennon. Martin Jol would be a solid shout.... Solskjaer could be interesting too, but it's possibly too big a step for him at this point. I'd consider Roy Keane, but he'd probably be an unpopular appointment.... It's too soon for Edgar Davids, surely?

EDIT: I bet it'll be Joe Royle.

Last edited:
Sad but true. I would imagine he's on several shortlists - Arsenal and Chelsea are probably both taking a look, and I could see Man City coming in for him too.

There's no guarantee Moyes is going. There are better candidates out there, from Manyoo's perspective. Mourinho, Klopp, Heynckes, Ronald Koeman, Frank De Boer, Joachim Low... Carlos Queiroz is currently coaching IRAN ffs!!

As for us: No thanks to Martinez and Lennon. Martin Jol would be a solid shout.... Solskjaer could be interesting too, but it's possibly too big a step for him at this point. I'd consider Roy Keane, but he'd probably be an unpopular appointment.... It's too soon for Edgar Davids, surely?

roy keane or edgar davids? what you smoking mate! we have no money we will end up with someone **** mark my words

Mourinho exclusive: I'd manage Man United, Arsenal, even Spurs or Everton - but NEVER Liverpool Liverpool is not the club for me. I know why, but I cannot tell you. “Tottenham, Everton... Arsenal maybe. These are all fine clubs
Not even Mourinho's ego is big enough that he thinks he could win anything at Everton.

I'd love to see a top manager take a job at a club with limited resources (be it us or elsewhere) to see how they would do but it's not going to happen.

I want Executioner's Bong. There, I said it.
Maybe as an assistant at first? Actually in all seriousness I'd love an assistant who is a statto type. Can't give inspirational speechs (or even talk to a bloke) but is a tactics/stats guy who crunches the numbers and let's the manager worry about man management etc.

Can we agree that whoever it is we don't rush to judgement after a few games? If we win our first two he won't win us the league and if we lose our first two we won't get relegated.
Well we can agree on it but it won't happen. ;) But yes I'll give anyone (even that useless sack of crap Martinez) the benefit of the doubt for a year.

Why couldn't we attract a top manager? We pay mega wages and we're at the top of the league that every manager wants to manage in. A quick google of "top paid managers" shows where Everton are and we should be looking at that list to get an idea of who we want.
I'd be surprised if we paid the new manager the same as Moyes.

I also think a new manager will reduce how much the board lets the manager spend this summer. There will be some money (TV + Fellaini + Baines?) but they'll want to save some cash back (which they might have given to Moyes) in case we slip on league finish with the new manager.

marcelo biesla 'el loco'

A fanatic of football videos that he adds to his collection, Bielsa on occasion checks pitch measurements by pacing them out before deciding on a particular formation. He allocates separate training times for different parts of his squad. Former Argentine national team captain Roberto Ayala and defender under Bielsa stated "Sometimes we wouldn't see any of the strikers, because he'd have them training at a different time, and it was the same with the midfielders. He's an innovator, and one of the people who I've learned most from during my career."[SUP][2][/SUP]
He is known for watching and collecting numerous soccer videos to the point of obsession. He edits and analyzes each video for each individual player. He also utilizes statistical software and other technological tools to prepare for games. John Carlin, an english journalist, has stated that Bielsa "has the most cultured library of soccer in the world. His resources are infinite, he is a step ahead of most coaches out there, including Ferguson and van Gaal. The man is serious and there is a high intellectual component in his method

Dave whealan has just said on 5 live -why would Roberto Martinez go to a club like Everton - when he could go to one of Europes big teams...

Nob...

ian holloway it is then :(

He's such a tit....everything that comes out of his mouth about football and his Roberto is utter tripe...

Didn't want Martinez...kinda hope we do take him of wigan now!!

There is nobody in English football, who we could get, that I'd consider.

Going to have to be some random foreigner like Tuchel who might be able to bring in some quality players from Germany.

But we all know it is going to be Martinez. And we'll be back to being awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back