Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad but true. I would imagine he's on several shortlists - Arsenal and Chelsea are probably both taking a look, and I could see Man City coming in for him too.

There's no guarantee Moyes is going. There are better candidates out there, from Manyoo's perspective. Mourinho, Klopp, Heynckes, Ronald Koeman, Frank De Boer, Joachim Low... Carlos Queiroz is currently coaching IRAN ffs!!

As for us: No thanks to Martinez and Lennon. Martin Jol would be a solid shout.... Solskjaer could be interesting too, but it's possibly too big a step for him at this point. I'd consider Roy Keane, but he'd probably be an unpopular appointment.... It's too soon for Edgar Davids, surely?

EDIT: I bet it'll be Joe Royle.

arsenal/Chelsea and citeh after laudrup? lol doubt it mate he's had one good season it will take more than a carling cup win against a league 1 side to get him a job there he will have to do similar to what moyes has done and change a club around for a good 5-6 years first IMO, Laudrup would see us as a step up and a possible stepping stone similar to what moyes has done

roy keane or edgar davids? what you smoking mate! we have no money we will end up with someone **** mark my words

Keane is currently sat in a tv studio somewhere, resisting the urge to punch Adrian Chiles in the face. Davids is currently player-manager at Barnet. We could easily afford either of them and still pay them less than Moyes is currently raking in.

Having said that, I would prefer Laudrup or Jol.

Last edited:
There is nobody in English football, who we could get, that I'd consider.

Going to have to be some random foreigner like Tuchel who might be able to bring in some quality players from Germany.

But we all know it is going to be Martinez. And we'll be back to being awful.

Sad but true mate

"He never won at the Emirates" will sound like the myopic ****e that it was in about 12 months.........

marcelo biesla 'el loco' A fanatic of football videos that he adds to his collection, Bielsa on occasion checks pitch measurements by pacing them out before deciding on a particular formation. He allocates separate training times for different parts of his squad. Former Argentine national team captain Roberto Ayala and defender under Bielsa stated "Sometimes we wouldn't see any of the strikers, because he'd have them training at a different time, and it was the same with the midfielders. He's an innovator, and one of the people who I've learned most from during my career."[SUP][2][/SUP] He is known for watching and collecting numerous soccer videos to the point of obsession. He edits and analyzes each video for each individual player. He also utilizes statistical software and other technological tools to prepare for games. John Carlin, an english journalist, has stated that Bielsa "has the most cultured library of soccer in the world. His resources are infinite, he is a step ahead of most coaches out there, including Ferguson and van Gaal. The man is serious and there is a high intellectual component in his method
I like the sounds of him. Exactly the type of manager I'd hire and probably the last one in the world BK would hire.

Are people seriously suggesting Roy Keane? Sacked - quite justifiably - by two third-rate clubs, a thug, a loudmothed yob and never a manager while he has a hole in his arse.
As for Edgar Davids - the only faster way to get to Chester FC is on Merseyrail.

The more I think about it and the more names that crop up I'm really kind of hoping we'd try for Harry redknapp.

He's a very good manager and I'd trust him to just crack on and keep us kind of where we are now. Normally as we know he likes to have money but I do think there will be more than ever this summer and future ones due to TV money.

I think we may just need a guy to keep the ship afloat, pretty simlar to what utd are doing with moyes. Ary would guarantee that. Martinez and the likes you are gambling and anything could happen!

Benitez, Pellegrini, or Montainer for a bit of a gamble. There are no British candidates that would do a better job than Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back