Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few people have mentioned we are unlikely to be wanting or able to pay another club big compensation for a manager. Which leads me to Sam Allardyce. His contract is up at the end of the season. I know many will predictably brand him a prozone or typical manager out there, but he is worth considering.

He has confidence in his own ability. He did brilliantly for Bolton, and took over struggling teams in his future jobs like short-term at Blackburn or Newcastle. He's brought West Ham up at the first time of asking, also brought Bolton up and took them into the old UEFA Cup.

I think he could adapt to the situation at Everton and it would be the first time like I said, he's taking over a BIG club or a club that's not in a rut. We are comfortably top 6 and I think he'd be a better choice than Martinez.

I like shouts for Poyet and Di Matteo.

Shouldnt have read up on tuchel...I will be extremely disappointed if hes not looked at, he appears to be exactly what we need! a student of the modern game, with fresh new ideas and coaching philosophy!

A few people have mentioned we are unlikely to be wanting or able to pay another club big compensation for a manager. Which leads me to Sam Allardyce. His contract is up at the end of the season. I know many will predictably brand him a prozone or typical manager out there, but he is worth considering.

He has confidence in his own ability. He did brilliantly for Bolton, and took over struggling teams in his future jobs like short-term at Blackburn or Newcastle. He's brought West Ham up at the first time of asking, also brought Bolton up and took them into the old UEFA Cup.

I think he could adapt to the situation at Everton and it would be the first time like I said, he's taking over a BIG club or a club that's not in a rut. We are comfortably top 6 and I think he'd be a better choice than Martinez.

I like shouts for Poyet and Di Matteo.

The man thinks he is best suited to the Inter Milan & Real Madrid job, no chance he would come to us. Move on.

seriously, let's get Tuchel in. He works well with youth, he actually got his big break in the bundesliga having made a name for himself coaching youth sides, mainly Stuttgart's if I remember correctly, who have a good rep for youth development in Germany. He plays attacking football, knows tactics inside out, believes in pressing high up the pitch, gets the full backs bombing on, and 'has a go' even away at the likes of Bayern Munich, all on a tiny budget that makes Everton's look like Man City's. Get this guy in ffs. Why is this debate still going on?. It should be get this guy in, end of thread. Kenwright read this thread ffs!

That is a big claim! How many of us would want to sacrifice league position/stability to see more attacking/attractive football?

Name a team that plays better football than us, on a similar budget and finishes higher in the league?

You and your facking budgets! Lol!......

Re Billy dean: I did not say you did. I was asking if any of us would if that was the case!

I'm a big fan of Moyes and understand what he had done for the club and what a great job he done on the budget he been given and he also made me proud of our club again bringing class back to the club after the terrible years under Walker and Walter. But it seems that Moyes is now pissed off with the club and is looking abit stale and might need a new project. I would take a gamble on Martinez for the following reasons

He got experience in managing a club in the premiership (would rather have this then give the job to someone with no experience like Neville and Stubbs.
He comes across well just like Moyes
His football is quite attacking
He loyal
Can work under a budget
He still young
He lives in the North West

He doesnt seem to be as good at Moyes tho, his signings have not been as good as Moyes and he always at the bottom with Wigan but i would take a risk on him. It about time we had a spanish Manager

Name a team that plays better football than us, on a similar budget and finishes higher in the league?

that's not the point. Evertonia's post suggested by playing attacking football you sacrifice league position. I say that's a myth. If anything we've lost points this season by trying to defend narrow leads instead of going for the jugular.

0 wins in 48 attempts under Moyes at Anfield, Emirates, the Bridge and OT. Could that record really have got any worse if we displayed some kind of attacking ambition in those games?

budget has nothing to do with it.

that's not the point. Evertonia's post suggested by playing attacking football you sacrifice league position. I say that's a myth. If anything we've lost points this season by trying to defend narrow leads instead of going for the jugular.

0 wins in 48 attempts under Moyes at Anfield, Emirates, the Bridge and OT. Could that record really have got any worse if we displayed some kind of attacking ambition in those games?

budget has nothing to do with it.

We have had some wins over City tho, who are in the top 4, we have won man u at our own ground and drawn man u at their ground, get a grip and using those stats to blacken Moyes name is pathetic. Not many teams win at old trafford anyway.

I'm a big fan of Moyes and understand what he had done for the club and what a great job he done on the budget he been given and he also made me proud of our club again bringing class back to the club after the terrible years under Walker and Walter. But it seems that Moyes is now pissed off with the club and is looking abit stale and might need a new project. I would take a gamble on Martinez for the following reasons

He got experience in managing a club in the premiership (would rather have this then give the job to someone with no experience like Neville and Stubbs.
He comes across well just like Moyes
His football is quite attacking
He loyal
Can work under a budget
He still young
He lives in the North West

He doesnt seem to be as good at Moyes tho, his signings have not been as good as Moyes and he always at the bottom with Wigan but i would take a risk on him. It about time we had a spanish Manager

I agree! How much of moyes perceived excellence in the transfer market is actually down to the scouting staff? I know he has the final say, but surely it is largely a joint decision. Is it feasible that we can continue this trend without him if we keep the large bulk of our scouting staff in tact....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back