Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laudrup will get a top job before Moyes. Cross him off our list.

One thing I will hate is if Moyes leaves and comes back for our players. Mainly being Baines and Jagielka.

Can't see Baines being fussed about Moyles like (and I hope I'm right).
Now's a good time to replace him though, with a risk free bedding in period, and giving the players a chance to assess the new regime, rather than an agent fuelled panic in the summer.
May also be useful to keep Moyles in a non-exec roll until his contract expires to assist a change over.

Can't see Baines being fussed about Moyles like (and I hope I'm right).
Now's a good time to replace him though, with a risk free bedding in period, and giving the players a chance to assess the new regime, rather than an agent fuelled panic in the summer.
May also be useful to keep Moyles in a non-exec roll until his contract expires to assist a change over.

Watching that Mourinho doc on ESPN classic and there was player after player after player saying they cried like a baby when he left. Still the mass exodus never happens. Player loyalty to anything other than themselves is minimal at best these days. I'd guess they have more for the club than a manager.

Watching that Mourinho doc on ESPN classic and there was player after player after player saying they cried like a baby when he left. Still the mass exodus never happens. Player loyalty to anything other than themselves is minimal at best these days. I'd guess they have more for the club than a manager.

Hahaha- it's difficult to tell, but I think Baines is more club and us. Thankfully now, Moyes wasn't the type of manager to be attractive to players with bags of potential on the cheap -PURELY because it would be Moyesand his style they would be participating in-they were always undervalued players he sought

Hahaha- it's difficult to tell, but I think Baines is more club and us. Thankfully now, Moyes wasn't the type of manager to be attractive to players with bags of potential on the cheap -PURELY because it would be Moyesand his style they would be participating in-they were always undervalued players he sought

I agree, I think.

May have been posted before but read this on the TEAMtalk website.

'Moyes' negativity costs Everton

To the media, the vast majority of neutrals and all of his contemporaries, David Moyes is one of the best managers in the Premier League.

He consistently has Everton touching their glass ceiling, and he does it having consistently being forced to sell off his best players.

Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini will be the next stars to be sold off sooner or later but, if Moyes stays put, the odds are on Everton continuing to challenge for a place in the top six.

Yet there is a section of the Everton support, larger than you may think, that has for a long time questioned whether Moyes is the best man for the job at Goodison Park.

They are not necessarily unhappy with where the team has been finishing and is likely to finish this season in the Premier League, but they are not particularly pleased by how such finishes are achieved.

Moyes is simply too negative, they claim. Following the Toffees' 2-1 defeat at Norwich on Saturday, in which they led 1-0 until the 84th minute, the claims have become that little bit louder.

And not without basis. Although Everton were not at their best at Carrow Road, they were in charge of the game following Leon Osman's goal six minutes before half-time.

With a near full-strength team out the visitors should have been good enough to see out the game, but they sat back, handed the initiative to Norwich, and eventually lost.

Had Moyes had more confidence in his players to kill off the game or taken off the ineffective Nikica Jelavic earlier than the 77th minute, perhaps Everton would have won the game 2-0.

You cannot lambast a manager because of one game, of course, but 12 draws in the Premier League this season hints at a team that prefers to hold on to one point than risk going for three.

To give further credence to the argument, it recently came to light that Everton have not won in 48 attempts at Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea in the league under Moyes.

The club are also yet to win a trophy under the Scot. Last season they had a great chance of at least reaching the FA Cup final but an overly defensive performance in the semi-final saw them beaten by an inferior Liverpool team.

There is nothing wrong with pragmatism, but there is a feeling on the Blue half of Merseyside that it may just be holding the team back.

Great expectations

Many people will accuse Everton fans critical of Moyes of being ungrateful and having unrealistic expectations.

However, a club as established in the top division as Everton should not need to adopt a results-at-any-cost attitude.

Moyes may have had many of his best players poached over the years, but the reason the Toffees continue to finish in the upper echelons of the Premier League is that Moyes has been allowed to reinvest much of the transfer money on top-quality replacements.

It has become an accepted myth that he has had no money to spend, but Everton are one of the few English clubs that could afford to pay £15million on a player as they did to land Fellaini back in 2008, and a wage bill of £63.4million in 2011/12, the seventh highest in the country, further disproves the theory that the Toffees are paupers.

With that in mind, are Everton fans really unrealistic in believing the team should not have to resort to sitting back to defend a lead at Norwich, or that their home defeat to Chelsea or draw against Swansea were not indicative of a team that is too defensive minded?

Moyes has done a fantastic job at Everton, but a little more ambition would go a long way.
'

Alot of this rings true to me. I understand the work Moyesy as done with us and to get us where we are with a lack of support from the board is incredible but just cos he's worked wonders, doesnt mean he hasnt taken us as far as he can, and i think he knows that himself!.

Now a new man might come in and not do as well from the off as he gets his methods across but as long as there positive and get us playing well etc, then im up for giving them my time to change things and stamp there mark on our club!.

Wether we want it or not, change is coming IMO!. I think Moyesy is on his way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back