Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this guy up to?

Younger AND better looking...

laudrup_1710311c.jpg

laudrup won't come as they have europe and we probably won't. Martinez might come but we don't know if he can match our club's level of ambition. I wouldn't mind Adkins, seems to have as similar eye for cheap-ish buys to Moyes and southampton were reasonably exciting under him. Most on here would hate Owen Coyle but it would be interesting to see what he could do with the squad that Moyes has assembled.

It's strange being in this state of uncertainty, all of these managers could end up being completely terrible, starting from the ground up after 10 years is going to be tough

Can some one please enlighten me. I am not really a betting man so I do not know how the system really works. Are the odds bookies place not driven by bets placed by customers? or do they set their own odds initially. If the former, that implies some people have made some shocking bets!

It's a bit of both mate. They will have had a list and compiled their own odds to start with, but the bets they've taken since will have affected those odds. These sort of markets change pretty quickly too I think.

I realise it's not exactly an exhaustive list, but the standard of potential candidates there is frighteningly poor.

In all seriousness with regards to Laudrup. Based on this season's performance I'd certainly have him. But, rightly or wrongly, he was the fans favourite to replace Mourinho in a recent poll and there's some melt on BBC saying he could go to either of the Spanish heavyweights:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21582536

He's obviously very highly regarded in the world of football and so even if we did manage to get him this season I have little doubt he'd be off again in a couple of years time, providing he was a success. That may not matter, but after having Moyes for nearly 11 years do we want to have a revolving door for managers like Swansea have had? It doesn't seem to have harmed them too much.

I'm really intrigued by Steve Clarke. He's only in his first year of proper management and has flourished at WBA. It remains to be seen whether he will continue to impress but he's always been highly rated as an assistant manager and I think he's proving he can handle the step up in responsibility. If we got him in then I would consider him a good replacement for Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back