Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this guy up to?

Younger AND better looking...

laudrup_1710311c.jpg

Prettier maybe, but better looking? I prefer his Micks rugged looks and roman nose, plus he was always the more thinking footballer

How about a double act of Venables and Neville ??? Everybody in the game knows venables is a fantastic coach and has all the technical nouse needed to compete at the top level.... Neville alongside him to learn the ropes for a few years before taking over..... not as far fetched as it sounds.

Last edited:

It is a huge risk to appoint a manager on the basis of a good performace in one season.
The game is littered with examples of managers who have had temporary success and after that struggled.
I would want either an experienced manager with a track record over a number of seasons or take a punt on a complete
novice like Neville.

In all seriousness with regards to Laudrup. Based on this season's performance I'd certainly have him. But, rightly or wrongly, he was the fans favourite to replace Mourinho in a recent poll and there's some melt on BBC saying he could go to either of the Spanish heavyweights:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21582536

He's obviously very highly regarded in the world of football and so even if we did manage to get him this season I have little doubt he'd be off again in a couple of years time, providing he was a success. That may not matter, but after having Moyes for nearly 11 years do we want to have a revolving door for managers like Swansea have had? It doesn't seem to have harmed them too much.

I'm really intrigued by Steve Clarke. He's only in his first year of proper management and has flourished at WBA. It remains to be seen whether he will continue to impress but he's always been highly rated as an assistant manager and I think he's proving he can handle the step up in responsibility. If we got him in then I would consider him a good replacement for Moyes.

Good post mate. I've always liked the idea of Steve Clarke. He's got an excellent reputation as a coach and although its early days I don't think he's a one season wonder. I still like Rickie lambert too. My favourite choice would be Paulo di Canio though, just for the sheer entertainment. I think he'd be superb.

Mcclaren, Venables, etc are boring choices IMHO. TBH I think it'd be refreshing if somebody from outside the UK coached this team. I like to think outside the box when it comes to soccer, I'd like our next manager to have some experience in managing a top flight team but I don't want an old head as a coach.

Mcclaren, Venables, etc are boring choices IMHO. TBH I think it'd be refreshing if somebody from outside the UK coached this team. I like to think outside the box when it comes to soccer, I'd like our next manager to have some experience in managing a top flight team but I don't want an old head as a coach.

Mate you're inside the box.

But I think it's Chelsea's box sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back