Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ijjy, i'd be outside Goodison, by myself if needs be, with a banner and a mic. I detest the man, i hate the way the media look at him like this amazing coach because he worked under Ferguson, he's a tit of the highest order and a god awful manager

Again. I agree with you (except I don't think the media think he's all that anymore), but I bet you wouldn't.

But in all honesty, let's hope we don't have to find out whether you would or not!

My feeling today is Moyes is staying. Might do some percentages later.

McClaren is one of the worse, over rated managers in football. If he stepped foot in Goodison i'd never go again; Villa fans protested for him not to be appointed, and i'd do the same.

I agree, but he meets some of the criteria people have been moaning about regarding Moyes. He has won things, plus he has won away at the traditional Sky four people keep like to bringing up about reference Moyes.

Ijjy, i'd be outside Goodison, by myself if needs be, with a banner and a mic. I detest the man, i hate the way the media look at him like this amazing coach because he worked under Ferguson, he's a tit of the highest order and a god awful manager

Surely everyone thinks he's an idiot who scuppered any chances England had of qualifying for 2008 and did an average job at Middlesbrough? There can't be poeple out there who think he's good?!?!?!

To be honest I'm really really not a fan, mostly of his personality to be honest , whether his abrasive character would grow on me if he was here I really don't know . As for whether he'd be good enough I'm very far from convinced but would he be any more out of his league than some of the others need ?

I think his personality can be grating, provided he's not on your side. Lennon is unproven past SPL level but his teams play with grit and heart, qualities that have defined us on more than one occasion

I agree, but he meets some of the criteria people have been moaning about regarding Moyes. He has won things, plus he has won away at the traditional Sky four people keep like to bringing up about reference Moyes.

And also failed at every other club, apart from Twente first time. Fits the bill then, get him in

Surely everyone thinks he's an idiot who scuppered any chances England had of qualifying for 2008 and did an average job at Middlesbrough? There can't be poeple out there who think he's good?!?!?!

Press favourite, they love him

Anybody who thinks Mclaren is a press favourite is deluded. The sole reason most of you view him the way you do is because the tit out the star, Woolnough, did a right number on him because he never wanted him as England boss.

He took Boro to a eurpoean final, won them a cup and they always did alright in the league until he left.

He also broke up the dutch monopoly with an unfashionable club that sells it's best players. They are only 6 points off the top even now and he's just left.

Wolfsburg didn't work out for him but again he went in and had to sell a few good players. Not like he got loads of time to make his mark and Forest are Forest it's obvious the chairman was a teet from day 1.

I don't want Mclaren because I think we could do loads better but he's not the idiot some make out. Also his rep as a coach was built long before he worked with Ferguson.

I don't want Mclaren because I think we could do loads better but he's not the idiot some make out. Also his rep as a coach was built long before he worked with Ferguson.

I don't want mcClaren and he won't even make a short list , I'd imagine he'd be lucky to get a decent championship job never mind in the top 6 of the prem. that said I agree on your coaching point he was rated as years ahead of everyone else before he went to united (at derby I think) where he wa considered innovative . There is , as we all know, a huge difference between a coach and a manger but as a coach he was as you say really highly rated long before he arrived at old Trafford.

I don't want mcClaren and he won't even make a short list , I'd imagine he'd be lucky to get a decent championship job never mind in the top 6 of the prem. that said I agree on your coaching point he was rated as years ahead of everyone else before he went to united (at derby I think) where he wa considered innovative . There is , as we all know, a huge difference between a coach and a manger but as a coach he was as you say really highly rated long before he arrived at old Trafford.

It was Derby. There's plenty of good coaches out there. We need a fella who makes the players feel 10ft tall and want to run through brick walls for him. Not many about like.

I want someone to come in that will give it a go. I know it's an outside chance at best to get into the Top 4 so I want a manager that really attacks and goes for it. I'm tired of Moyes now. I really don't care if we're 8th or 5th if we actually have a real go at the cups and win games 5-3 instead of some of the dull dross we have to witness.

Moyes is not bigger than the club. The team is more than decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back