Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laudrup won a trophy because of the work done previously at Swansea by Martinez and Rodgers.
There is noway any manager in the world could come into a useless club and turn it into what Swansae has become in less than one season.

Laudrupdeserves huge praise for coming to the club and bringing foward again from where it was but the groundwork was done by previous managers.
Next season will be a stiffer test of Swansea and Laudrup

I wouldn’t read anything by that fat prick at the Daily Star, so his words are irrelevant. I call McClaren a useless prick, because that’s what he his and always will be.

I'm well aware of his days at Hull Derby; these people get this reputation as a coach of players and sticks with them that they will automatically become great Managers: Ray Hartford, Brian Kidd, Colin Harvey; the list is endless

By press favourite; i didn't mean they love him as a person, but they tout as a fantastic manager and tactician when he is clearly not. Apart from 2 seasons; 1 at Boro when he won the cup (only noteable win was Arsenal considering us and Spurs were beaten on pens) and 2nd when he won the Dutch league, which is ok, but in honestly it’s the Dutch League

At Boro he finished 14th, 12th 11th, 11th, 7th 14th and spend £45m to boot; no real improvement on the previous finishes so they weren't good finishes considering

He had a 29% ratio at Wolfsburg.

At Forest he took a team that was constantly challenging for promotion, added 6 places and turned them into relegation candidates; then moaned that he wanted to sign 2 more players on loan.

He has lost quite a bit of weight these past few months.

Just thought I'd mention this article here, because of the interesting spin put on things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21596643

Basically, Chris Coleman talking about how Swansea 'could cope' with the loss of Michael Laudrup.

Funny how you hear that spin about Swansea, yet whenever the subject of Moyes leaving Everton is broached, nearly everyone in the media 'fears for Everton', and how nobody could come close to replicating Moyes job, etc.

Just thought I'd mention this article here, because of the interesting spin put on things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21596643

Basically, Chris Coleman talking about how Swansea 'could cope' with the loss of Michael Laudrup.

Funny how you hear that spin about Swansea, yet whenever the subject of Moyes leaving Everton is broached, nearly everyone in the media 'fears for Everton', and how nobody could come close to replicating Moyes job, etc.

Indeed.

I think their confidence comes from the fact that they (journos and a considerable amount of Swans fans and neutrals alike) all thought Swansea would explode into a million pieces once Rodgers left - instead, they actually got better, surprising most, but I remember distinctly at the time going on a few Swansea forums and there were a fair few who didn't think Rodgers leaving was the end of the world.

Food for thought like.

are swansea even that good? where did they finish last season and how much have they actually improved this season. seems to be a lot of hype because they won the league cup but its only the league cup. bit of luck here and there and youve won it

are swansea even that good? where did they finish last season and how much have they actually improved this season. seems to be a lot of hype because they won the league cup but its only the league cup. bit of luck here and there and youve won it

It's still a trophy (that we've never won in the 53 years it has existed, so it's not that easy to win), and they're in Europe next season, something we're striving for.

Their team/squad hasn't cost that much to assemble either. 5 points behind us in the league, not massively behind us are they?

Indeed.

I think their confidence comes from the fact that they (journos and a considerable amount of Swans fans and neutrals alike) all thought Swansea would explode into a million pieces once Rodgers left - instead, they actually got better, surprising most, but I remember distinctly at the time going on a few Swansea forums and there were a fair few who didn't think Rodgers leaving was the end of the world.

Food for thought like.

It is mate

Laudrup won a trophy because of the work done previously at Swansea by Martinez and Rodgers. There is noway any manager in the world could come into a useless club and turn it into what Swansae has become in less than one season.Laudrupdeserves huge praise for coming to the club and bringing foward again from where it was but the groundwork was done by previous managers.
Stop jizzing up your space bar mate -- that aside you're 100% correct and good shout. That said I'd probably go for Laudrup if we could get him (*if* we could get the manager of Swansea to leave ... I mean honestly what a state). Aside from some mystery golden god type hidden away in the lower leagues or overseas whom I've never heard of I'd say he's my pick from the regular names bandied about.

While he certainly didn't do it all himself you could make an argument that we're in decent shape so someone who has proven they can take a decent squad and win something with it ... that's probably one of the most important things we're looking for right now.

Problem with an unknown genius type is what happens if Moyes leaves and unknown genius shows up? Do some players on the fence about staying or leaving fall over to the leaving side? Laudrup might be a decent enough name to get some positive player news (either staying or good new signings) that we wouldn't necessarily get with an unknown type.

Plus we'd have the League Cup winning manager managing the FA Cup winning side ... not bad.

If Moyes went to Chelsea this summer who do you think he'd realistically come back for, the way Hodgson and Rodgers went back for Konchesky and Allen?

Baines and Fellaini would be the marquee names of course but I could see him wanting Jagielka as his man in the dressing room.

My Dad's mate reckons he's ITK with an ITK and that Moyes is certain to leave with Kenwright having already lined up Roberto Di Matteo. I would FUME. Don't shoot the messenger lids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back