Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd mention this article here, because of the interesting spin put on things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21596643

Basically, Chris Coleman talking about how Swansea 'could cope' with the loss of Michael Laudrup.

Funny how you hear that spin about Swansea, yet whenever the subject of Moyes leaving Everton is broached, nearly everyone in the media 'fears for Everton', and how nobody could come close to replicating Moyes job, etc.

That is because of how the club is organised.

Laudrup is a head coach not a manager.

Moyes has complete control over the footballing side of Everton and appoints his own coaches at all levels.

Laudrup coaches the first team only - everything else is run by the club.

Hence if Moyes left we would be screwed. When Moyes does leave then we should be changing to such a structure but who is going to bring that in at Everton. Our absentee owner or out of his depth CEO?

My Dad's mate reckons he's ITK with an ITK and that Moyes is certain to leave with Kenwright having already lined up Roberto Di Matteo. I would FUME. Don't shoot the messenger lids.

I'd like Di Matteo to be honest. Big name manager would be able to attract players, knows this league and others inside out, did well at MK Dons and was unfortunate at WBA. Ludicrous sacking at Chelsea really.

My Dad's mate reckons he's ITK with an ITK and that Moyes is certain to leave with Kenwright having already lined up Roberto Di Matteo. I would FUME. Don't shoot the messenger lids.

You see...He's won stuff - FA Cup and Champos League. Picked up a side not liking one way of playing (under AVB) and got them playing a way to win, with everyone happy.

And I don't think he got enough credit in that Champions League run to win it. He was very defensive and they had lots of luck...but he made changes when they were needed, organised them well...and they won against all the odds.

He even had the bottle to play Ryan Bertrand in a effin Champos League final FFS.

The only problem with him...is the style of play (which Im not overly arsed if we're winning) or eyeing a good player for a few bob - which is probably the biggest thing.

I wouldnt be upset with him though

Just thought I'd mention this article here, because of the interesting spin put on things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21596643

Basically, Chris Coleman talking about how Swansea 'could cope' with the loss of Michael Laudrup.

Funny how you hear that spin about Swansea, yet whenever the subject of Moyes leaving Everton is broached, nearly everyone in the media 'fears for Everton', and how nobody could come close to replicating Moyes job, etc.

I think its more the financial side of things than anything.

Moyes rarely buys a flop and his transfers are a key to his success at building the team.

Someone else who comes in a blows £5million on Titus Bramble for eg would sink the club into a black hole.

You're not one to make stuff up mate so no reason to doubt your info.

Can't see it though.

I'm sure Moyes will sign. The fact he's dragging his feet though seems to be souring a lot of the fans on him. I doubt he'll worry about Everton fans complaining when he's managing at United in a few years though

I talked about it on the Breakfast Show on talkSPORT this morning. I mentioned GOT and how a lot of fans on here are are saying he's too negative at times and think it's time he went.

RDM would be miles better than some of the other's being mentioned here, would take him over Lambert any day

Rafael_Benitez_2405551b.jpg

It would be beautiful to create some unrest with them, to get them to wish for Benitez back to replace Rodgers.

It's that crazy that they'd want it, and I miss laughing at the bearded prick taking them further into debt with sh*te players.

You're not one to make stuff up mate so no reason to doubt your info.

Can't see it though.

Neither can I. Apparently this lid has got pyaar info but I reckon he's wrong on this one and hope so. Di Matteo has won the FA Cup and Champions' League but it was with a world class squad handed to him on a plate, he was cack at West Brom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back