Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of people on here love Moyes - but he made some shocking substitutions, there have been times when Goodison have been booing as he has made a substitution because it was so wrong (think it was Weir or Hibbert or something coming on against Tottenham)

If Pereira likes having a scouting network - then thats what he will have to talk about with Kenwright - no reason why we as a club can't change for the manager, rather than the manager changing to suit the club.

Also, with Martinez it could work out for him here, and if we got him I wouldn't be unhappy - but the fact that he has the worst defence in the league - and has had enough seasons to improve that area is quite worrying.

True about moyes and we shouldn't be looking for more of the same. We need someone who's going to make the right decisions.

Its not that Pareira likes a scouting team, its just something porto do and it has been in place long before he joined the club.

Its been difficulult for martinez to improve any division in his team because any time he gathers any sort of momentum he loses players. Reckon he'll do well here with the solid foundation that we already have.

i dont understand why moyes has any input here. he's a former manager. yes, he served us well enough to stabilize the ship but he's gone. due your due ****ing diligence and find your own ****ing manager. of course the board couldnt figure that part out on their own..

Correct. I suppose Moyes want to help Bill out because he is clueless.

Stuart McCall has done a great job at Motherwell, used to play for us, is Scottish (kind of) and ginger.

Just throwing his name into the hat. Didnt do too great at Bradford though. But sometimes things just dont work out.

How about Big Sam? He did not bad considering a meager budget for Bolton.

Bolton made up for it with big wages and signing on fees for their top players.

He did indeed do a good job there though, I think he is a good manager and gets harshly treated by some.

I dont want him at Everton though, its a step backwards.

Why is Sheeds spot on? Just what "blame" lay at Moyes' door? Sheeds has already been proved spectacularly wrong by claiming Moyes wouldn't get the job at one of the top 4 above us as they wouldn't be interested in him. Well he's got the biggest job of the lot but still people are coming out with ****e and pointing the finger at Moyes for just about everything! He had a contract with Everton, he's been loyal and seen that commitment through, and now he's taking over a better job. To you me and everyone on here it's not a better job, but moyes isn't an Evertonian is he? He owes us diddly squat.

Moyes is complicit and i bet a lot more has not come out yet but not supporting your manager with money at crucial times has played it,s part in the leaving of Moyes.

One has gone and in my book the other should go because we limit our manager choices tied to a flawed and penniless owner.

What want you to do him say?

"Sorry guys I'm off to United at the end of the season" ...

He worked with Kenwright for 11 years, they had a close working relationship & trusted each other.

Behind closed doors he could have told this Chairman that he was off come May, he would have at least then been able to start planning in earnest to find a suitable replacement.

He owed him that imo, I think Kenwrights reaction on Tuesday was one of massive shock, he didn't see this coming - which makes him naïve & he's still a clueless **** - but the manner of Moyes departure leaves a sour taste in my mouth tbh. So much so, I'm going to swerve Sunday.

Stuart McCall has done a great job at Motherwell, used to play for us, is Scottish (kind of) and ginger.

Just throwing his name into the hat. Didnt do too great at Bradford though. But sometimes things just dont work out.

Bolton made up for it with big wages and signing on fees for their top players.

He did indeed do a good job there though, I think he is a good manager and gets harshly treated by some.

I dont want him at Everton though, its a step backwards.

Sam Allardyce is a step-backward but Stuart McCall should be considered?

Hmm.

Martinez, Pereira, Billic or Poyet for me.

I stuck £10 on Mackay when he was 16/1.

Still think he'll be the preferred choice.

Laudrup is too expensive.
Martinez - Would be outstanding
Mackay - seems squeaky clean. Seems an ideal 'Yes man' for the board.

Pereira, Bilic and co would rattle the board.

Neville is a dedicated professional who has worked under, studied and been close to SAF and David Moyes, he also has his UEFA pro licence. He knows Everton very well. I was laughing at it at first but on 2nd thought, it may be an inspired decision.

Why is Sheeds spot on? Just what "blame" lay at Moyes' door? Sheeds has already been proved spectacularly wrong by claiming Moyes wouldn't get the job at one of the top 4 above us as they wouldn't be interested in him. Well he's got the biggest job of the lot but still people are coming out with ****e and pointing the finger at Moyes for just about everything! He had a contract with Everton, he's been loyal and seen that commitment through, and now he's taking over a better job. To you me and everyone on here it's not a better job, but moyes isn't an Evertonian is he? He owes us diddly squat.

There was evidently a lag between Moyes being offered the job and him telling Kenwright he was off. We can only speculate as to how long this was. Certainly he knew before the Derby, as you can see it quite plainly when he made an effort to wave to the fans. At that point, he might have even thought he wouldn't see out the season. He should've informed the board immediately, anyway. He was evidently told not to.

However, if there has genuinely been no work over at least the last six months to discuss, scout and put out feelers for a few alternatives then Kenwright is ultimately to blame. His attitude towards Moyes was unprofessional: he considered him infallible, that he had a job for life. That's fine for someone like Ferguson, but you can see even in an excellent manager like Wenger how it might lead to malaise. Only in truly exeptional circumstances should anyone be confident that they will have a job for as long as they want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.