Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he could get Alan Irvin as assistant that maybe work .

Neville is a dedicated professional who has worked under, studied and been close to SAF and David Moyes, he also has his UEFA pro licence. He knows Everton very well. I was laughing at it at first but on 2nd thought, it may be an inspired decision.

that mackay gets the job I wont be watching us he's absolute dross Cardiff played stoke style football last season no thanks

But he got them promoted?!! Would you give a crap if he got us into the champions league winning 1-0 most weeks?

I remember when people were complaining about us playing crap football last season and saying that they don't care if we finish mid table as long as we play attractive stuff, then this season when we do, they moan when we play great but draw at Fulham.

As long as we win and progress, I don't give a fcuck

Out:

Baines: £20 mil
Felliani: £25 mil
Jelavic: £5 mil
Heitinga: £3 mil

In

Cissokho LB £10 MIL
Strootman: £15 mil
Diame: £4 mil
Lescott: £4 mil
Lukaku: £15 mil
Kone: £5 mil

Laudrup apparently has a £10m release clause?

I've always wondered if manager fees would start to follow the transfer fees of footballers. Madness.

But he got them promoted?!! Would you give a crap if he got us into the champions league winning 1-0 most weeks?

I remember when people were complaining about us playing crap football last season and saying that they don't care if we finish mid table as long as we play attractive stuff, then this season when we do, they moan when we play great but draw at Fulham.

As long as we win and progress, I don't give a fcuck

big deal they are backed by a billionaire its not hard to get promoted in that regard, we need better if we want European football Mackay is for mid table clubs

Go for Pereira. He is the next step for us now. A manager who has a big game mentality, has won trophies, European experience, and knows the European transfer market, something he will need at us. Likes of Mackay and Lennon do not compare to him. Time to show some ambition.

First post so forgive me in advance and please be gentle. No doubt Moyes has done an excellent job but the way in which this has gone down has left a real sour taste for a myriad of reasons. The big one for me though is that it's crystal clear that he has known for much longer than BK that he was leaving. In keeping this from him he was acting in the best interests of United and not Everton. Had he had Everton's best interests at heart he'd have told BK as soon as he knew it was an option and preparations for next season could have been made accordingly. It's about respect. Moyes has been at the club so long he owed it to the supporters to ensure that his leaving would be handled in the correct way.

I've also heard from various people that this was first floated to him last season because Ferguson intended to retire then but City winning the league in the manner they did made him rethink. If that is indeed the case and Moyes has known for over a year that he was going to pitch up at Old Trafford then I think even less of the guy. United may well be seen as a job you can't pass up but the way to respect the club who pays your wages is by keeping them informed of your flirtations with clubs who you deem bigger.

On the subject of replacements realistically I don't see BK paying Swansea 10 million pounds for Laudrup and I don't see Laudrup wanting to come to Everton unless there's more money for him to spend here than there is at Swansea which none of us can be sure about. If Pereira is interested the club should move heaven and earth to get him. If he doesn't want the job and we can't get Laudrup I'm not convinced by some of the other British based names mentioned and on that basis I'd like to see us take a punt on someone who doesn't have a profile but has a footballing philosophy and a big book of contacts to scout players.

Overall I won't say I'm pleased he's gone but I do think it was time for a change. I hope that he's been told in no uncertain terms that we won't be selling him Baines and Fellaini. Would rather see the pair of them go to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back