Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can't convince either of the 'new jose' or 'new klopp' to join us and we end up getting someone from the prem, I think I'd rather have Martinez than Laudrup.
Is Laudrup actually a bit risky? Signing Michu was a masterstroke but some of his other signings haven't been that great at all. He could be a bit of a transfer budget blowing, one season wonder.
Martinez could improve our attacking play (though steve round would have to be in charge of keeping moyes' training going for the defence). If Wigan do go down (looks very likely) then the time is right for him, he could leave without anyone questioning his loyalty there. it wouldn't be a culture shock for him either, fcuk it he wouldn't even have to move house. He's worked and got on well with Whelan, which indicates he can work with a clueless old nutter chairman, and on top of all that he's well enough respected to have been offered both the Villa and Liverpool jobs - and turned both down (which in itself shows great judge of character)
I'm not saying he's perfect but I think Martinez should be interviewed.

Hello, I just came in your moderator's mom's mouth. She is apparently a hooker out of the ordinary.

your moderator is a kopite; piss all over him.

**** you.

[Poor language removed]

i am a lawyer and i will meet your kopite moderator in court...**** the rat

just peed on your moderator's face

kopite scum

unemployed subhuman
:bye:

13176-virgin_02.07.2012.jpg

He would be a fantastic choice, but the £10m price tag is too much. It's that simple.

He'll go to Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal in a year's time and then Real Madrid two years after that. The fans at Madrid recently voted him the number one choice to be their next manager.
So a no. no for EFC. Benitez is the one to keep us from the Championship, he has the experience, while the club behind the scenes sorts itself out. WE don't need a fly by nighter.

Last edited:
We are already right in the middle of a generation shift. A change is a matter of necessity. I am not convinced
by those who claim that Moyes has left behind a solid foundation. Our current squad is a melange of those who
wish to win silverware elsewhere, aging players, and those who are yet to fully convince one of their worth.

Aging players: Howard (crap goalie), Hibbert, Distin, Osman (should be released), Pienaar (no longer good enough)
Leavers: Heitinga, Fellaini, Baines, Mucha, Naismith
Uncertain or no future at the club: all of the above plus Gibson (overrated), Anichebe, and Jelavic
Inside the Arc: Mirallas, Jagielka, Coleman, Oviedo, Barkley

Continuity is not what we need; we need a new beginning.

Everyone is right of an opinion, but your opinion stinks. Howard: Crap Goalie? Either you are totally clueless, or you are a troll.

Obviously a Troll.

10 million is definitely a hefty fee, but appointing someone for free and having to sack him within 12-18 months would surely be even more costly?

If 10 million secures a big professional name, that creates hype and attracts players, a name that players will believe in and want to play for then it could end up being a bargain, much like Moyes became a bargain despite costing us 3 million in compensation.

I've been saying Emery for years but I'm sold on Tuchel after reading up on his achievements (I only really watch Bayern and Dortmund games from Germany). I still wouldn't mind taking a chance on Martinez, and I'd be happy with Laudrup or Perreira, though I don't think either would tolerate Kenwright for very long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back