Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
really don't understand the martinez hate.

he's took over a mid-table championship side at best, got them playing football which is astounding considering the quality at his disposal,and he's kept them in the premier league (so far).

he created the ideology at swansea which has gained them so many plaudits and laid the foundations for them to go on and become a premier league side.

he tactically buttf***ed a massively superior (on paper) everton side managed by david moyes (a manager who is now the medias latest love interest after taking the utd job)

the positives for me are he's used to working under the same transfer conditions as our soon to be previous manager,

he wants his teams to play football which is something we all bang on about after seeing one too many of jags hoofs,
he's patient and willing to build,

and lets be honest, if he can get wigan to play football what could he do with our squad?

also lets not forget how much the kopites would fume knowing that he turned them down last summer only to come to us

feel free to disagree but i'd rather have him than some of the names mentioned,

Wouldn't mind Martinez here with Alan Stubbs as his right hand man to sort out the defence and give out the half time rollickings !

I don't care whether a team is playing "attractive and attacking" football at all. The most important thing is to get 3 points week in week out even Everton are playing as dull as they could.

I get what you mean though. Wigan are attacking as much as they could and won't bottle it in the final.

Oh fair enough, we want different things for everton. I want us to go down the attractive & attacking route of playing more progressive football, if thats with Martinez or whoever else Bill chooses.

And my point is Martinez cannot utilise it to get results. His awful defensive works do not convince me he is any good.

Is that down to the quality and calibre of player at Wigan; how do you know he'll be that bad at Everton. We said the same about Rodgers and the RS and in some games hes taken what he did at Swansea, coupled with better players, and in some games they have looked scary, others ****e.

I personally don't want Martinez; I want a better manager, but i've read a lot about the 3-4-3 and personally think a lot of teams will start implementing soon; it gives the option of total football (old I know)

Oh fair enough, we want different things for everton. I want us to go down the attractive & attacking route of playing more progressive football, if thats with Martinez or whoever else Bill chooses.

I think Moyes got a lot of stick even we won because we were a bit dull and always sat back once we were ahead. I have no problem with that as long as we get results.

Attacking football is good but sometimes more goals would be leaked.

he's took over a mid-table championship side at best, got them playing football which is astounding considering the quality at his disposal,and he's kept them in the premier league (so far).

he created the ideology at swansea which has gained them so many plaudits and laid the foundations for them to go on and become a premier league side.

he tactically buttf***ed a massively superior (on paper) everton side managed by david moyes (a manager who is now the medias latest love interest after taking the utd job)

the positives for me are he's used to working under the same transfer conditions as our soon to be previous manager,

he wants his teams to play football which is something we all bang on about after seeing one too many of jags hoofs,

and lets be honest, if he can get wigan to play football what could he do with our squad?

also lets not forget how much the kopites would fume knowing that he turned them down last summer only to come to us

TBH this is his biggest selling point......

I don't believe he gets his team playing "football" more than Moyes does...... Moyes was just smarter about when to do it and when to play route one... That goal against Fulham was pure sex.... And there have been many like it over the years

maybe becouse they might get relegated just like every other year he has been in charge!!

steve bruce got wigan to 11th ffs!!

Its got to be Martinez and this is in no way based on the cup final because thats just stupid.
I think Martinez has done well at every club he has been to. With Wigan his job is to keep them up and every season he needs to buy 3 or 4 players to replace his best players he has to sell.

He always believes in his philiosophy and lets be honest, Wigan arent always going to win and they should be relegated but he has more than often kept them up. He has good premier league experience and is level headed. He is still relatively young so has time to shape the club in his way.

I noticed most people have voted for Michael Laudrup, but whats this based on? One good season? his record at previous clubs isnt particularly special. I also believe that great players dont make great managers.

But back to Martinez, if you look at his CV. Every season he has managed he has met expectations, I think he is the outstanding candidate and deserves the job.

Neil Lennon shouldnt even be close to being considered, i have no idea how he is favourite. Hes done a decent job with Celtic but they should be winning everything domestically and they havnt even done that.

Yeah I agree that would be awesome in theory.... But how often do you see it work like that... Also, there really aren't that many good ball playing defenders out there... Especially in our price range.... I just think most of the time your extra defender becomes redundant...

Well thats down to the manager to make it work like that; Wigan did it to us a couple of times at Goodison. And this no ball playing centre halves I don't get; they are professional footballers who can pass a ball, every player in the PL should be a ball playing player; its a cop out for commentators.

They said the same about Tony Adams and Martin Keown/Steve Bould at Arsenal, then Wenger takes over and Tony Adams is bursting through our back four to smash in a 4th

And my point is Martinez cannot utilise it to get results. His awful defensive works do not convince me he is any good.
His Swansea team played good football but also shipped goals at an alarming rate too. His win percentage at Wigan is woeful, worse than Paul Jewell. In fact his stats are alarmingly bad. A complete fraud of a manager. But it's ok, his teams play good football so all is good...

Oh and for all the good football and "attacking play", the goals for column for Wigan is actually ****e too.

Wouldn't mind Martinez here with Alan Stubbs as his right hand man to sort out the defence and give out the half time rollickings !

Unless Moyes takes them, there's quite a few good people at the club to help guide him. Round and Irvine spring to mind but also Stubbs, Sheeds etc.
I do like the idea of a top european manager like the guys at porto & mainz but they could come with more of a team

Is that down to the quality and calibre of player at Wigan; how do you know he'll be that bad at Everton. We said the same about Rodgers and the RS and in some games hes taken what he did at Swansea, coupled with better players, and in some games they have looked scary, others ****e.

I personally don't want Martinez; I want a better manager, but i've read a lot about the 3-4-3 and personally think a lot of teams will start implementing soon; it gives the option of total football (old I know)

If Martinez becomes our manager I hope he goes on to sign better players but not those in Wigan.

You are right on Rodgers though, RS are okayish (but not for them, 7th is like going down).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back