Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes has not give anything away to anyone down at FF (nothing, nada, zilch) and is working with Round, Stiffs and Acadamey Lads for next season. It,s business as usual.

Let,s not do the how do you know things stuff eh....take it or leave it. I am not an ITK but you take your chances with twitter or the sheeds and Foxy who def are ITK.

I wasn't being funny mate. I appreciate all the knowledge people share on here, especially as i'm so far away.

Just wondered how you knew this. To be honest, if it wasn't business as usual i'd be furious.

I wasn't being funny mate. I appreciate all the knowledge people share on here, especially as i'm so far away.

Just wondered how you knew this. To be honest, if it wasn't business as usual i'd be furious.

Business as usual in the sense that he has not indicated or showed signs that he is moving on....yet

Planning and preping the 1st team goes on as it does.

Business as usual in the sense that he has not indicated or showed signs that he is moving on....yet

Planning and preping the 1st team goes on as it does.

Why would he?! It's in his interests as much as the clubs to get into Europe, if not more.

I wonder if it'll deal with his brothers role in transfers or his lad working for another agent ?

Edit - having re-read my post i think that it reads like I'm having a pop at moyes and that's not my intention well not really , it's just sometimes i think he's painted as something I don't think he is .

His brother providing pre-season packages, his old feller scouting, Moyes on a kings ransom in wages: I think we can safely say Clan Moyes has done very nicely out of Everton.

The big issue is the uncertainty over the future.Will he sign a new contract or will he leave ? After all in less than three months this becomes a live issue.
The perception is that he is hedging his bets ,looking for something better,but will stay if nothing better comes on the scene.
Very few people want the manager to leave,the majority want him to sign a new contract,but his leaving is at least likely and is more likely probable.
It is only natural that a discussion will arise about what exactly we are losing and how he can be replaced.
David Moyes is a media favourite.The media perception is that without him our club would have collapsed and that if he leaves it will then collapse.....only time will tell us the truth.
Nobody is denying what he has done for our club,but the club is bigger than any one man.

My own belief is that David Moyes will always be a "nearly manager".
He nearly got Preston promoted.He nearly won the cup with Everton,he nearly got Everton to break into the top four.
I think it is his caution and conservatism that prevents him from taking that extra step,I think that is why he will not ever get a job at one of the big clubs and is why I don't believe we will ever win a trophy with him.
What he will do is always keep us competitive and in the top eight of the premiership.

The big issue is the uncertainty over the future.Will he sign a new contract or will he leave ? After all in less than three months this becomes a live issue.
The perception is that he is hedging his bets ,looking for something better,but will stay if nothing better comes on the scene.
Very few people want the manager to leave,the majority want him to sign a new contract,but his leaving is at least likely and is more likely probable.
It is only natural that a discussion will arise about what exactly we are losing and how he can be replaced.
David Moyes is a media favourite.The media perception is that without him our club would have collapsed and that if he leaves it will then collapse.....only time will tell us the truth.
Nobody is denying what he has done for our club,but the club is bigger than any one man.

He nearly got Preston promoted.He nearly won the cup with Everton,he nearly got Everton to break into the top four.I think it is his caution and conservatism that prevents him from taking that extra step,I think that is why he will not ever get a job at one of the big clubs and is why I don't believe we will ever win a trophy with him.
What he will do is always keep us competitive and in the top eight of the premiership.

He defo did that. I seen it with my own eyes. And Marcus Bent.

It's what he did afterwards which was annoying.

He nearly got Preston promoted.He nearly won the cup with Everton,he nearly got Everton to break into the top four.
I think it is his caution and conservatism that prevents him from taking that extra step,I think that is why he will not ever get a job at one of the big clubs and is why I don't believe we will ever win a trophy with him.

He managed to achieve both of those 'nearly' moments.....

I'd like Moyes to stay and the board to leave if i had my way.

But, i think Moyes has had enough and he is off. I can't wait to read his autobiography in a few years time, might be quite revealing.

Id rather chew rocks. Can you imagine how ffckuin boring that'd be.

Is it that difficult a concept to grasp?

What, that we compete with and finish above teams who spend more money than us, yet when we don't its cause they spent more money than us?
Very difficult to grasp as it nowhere near as simple as what you like to paint it as in order to try and excuse any failings that are down to Moyes himself rather than money.

What, that we compete with and finish above teams who spend more money than us, yet when we don't its cause they spent more money than us? Very difficult to grasp .
We can finish above teams who spend a little to a lot more than us but can't finish above teams who spend a huge amount more than us. I'm not sure what is so difficult to grasp there. Just because we finish above a RS team who flushes 100m down the toilet on horrible players doesn't mean we can finish above a team which spends 250m-1b quite well. There's "more" and then there's "more" ... not all "mores" are created equal. Right ... that should clear that up then.

Once heard a chess player (one who competes in tournaments) talking about how he considered himself good at chess and if he was having a good day he could beat people who were really great at chess. However one day he played a grand master savant type and he was like a baby fighting Anderson Silva. He got utterly destroyed in a way he didn't even understand ... and this was a guy who spent hours every day for decades studying chess. He could beat the 9/10 guys every now and again but the 10/10 were so far ahead of him that he believed if he played them 1000 times he would not win a single time.

If you're smart you can get a poor team to be good. The steps from good to great to world class are the biggest steps on the ladder. Most people seem to think if you're one rung down from the top you're close. You're not close. Not by a longshot. That step is ridiculously big.

What, that we compete with and finish above teams who spend more money than us, yet when we don't its cause they spent more money than us?
Very difficult to grasp as it nowhere near as simple as what you like to paint it as in order to try and excuse any failings that are down to Moyes himself rather than money.

It is that simple though.

Moyes manages to get Everton to the same level as clubs that spend a lot more on players through being an excellent manager.

Now you think that because he has managed to achieve this then it means money isn't a factor.

Surely if that were the case there would be other similar managers getting their clubs to compete? Except there aren't any. Only Moyes has a club on such a small budget (smaller than Stoke and Sunderland) competing at the top. It is a rare skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back