Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the same way moyes talks up Jelly when we can all see the lad has hit the buffers months ago.

No. I mean the way he attacked a section of our fan base who dared to question what was going on at the club and stated he's the best chairman in the world.

Moyes never brought Preston into the premiership...he nearly did.
If bringing a team into the championship is sufficient success to qualify you as a future Everton manager then I fear we are setting the bar very low.
Yes,we did finish in the top four once...we have subsequently won more points in a season and failed to get top four,how many times has a club with 61 points been in the top four at the end of the season ?

Moyes never brought Preston into the premiership...he nearly did.
If bringing a team into the championship is sufficient success to qualify you as a future Everton manager then I fear we are setting the bar very low.

He took a team from bottom the the third tier to losing the play off final within 3 seasons. In his mid-30s.

did he? throw up the link then.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...revealing-financial-plight-article787493.html

Sort of anyway. You could say he was right to criticise it though as it was a complete and utter disaster for the Blue Union that they haven't recovered from. PR idiocy as its finest.

lol @ this as well:

But Moyes added: “It will be really difficult for Everton to finish in the top 10 this year.

“I think we are going to have a big struggle. Look at the spending Stoke and Sunderland have done. Fulham have added one or two players as well, West Brom are improving their team.

:unsure:

It is that simple though.

Moyes manages to get Everton to the same level as clubs that spend a lot more on players through being an excellent manager.

Now you think that because he has managed to achieve this then it means money isn't a factor.

Surely if that were the case there would be other similar managers getting their clubs to compete? Except there aren't any. Only Moyes has a club on such a small budget (smaller than Stoke and Sunderland) competing at the top. It is a rare skill.

Moyes was given Rooney (what was it 27m?) plus everything was hocked to get the wages right up there and then some for his own wedge then he was given the time to create a club in his own image - it's unparalleled.

Who else managing clubs outside the usual suspects has had such gifts?

Moyes was given Rooney (what was it 27m?) plus everything was hocked to get the wages right up there and then some for his own wedge then he was given the time to create a club in his own image - it's unparalleled.

Who else managing clubs outside the usual suspects has had such gifts?

Oh you.

Yes he was given £20m- not £27m as that was what we got over a number of years, appearances, successes etc.

The team we had then needed 3 times that. Fact is Moyes has year after year bought players and sold at huge profits. We even made money AJ ffs.

What Moyes does in the transfer market is second to none. I dont know of any other manager that can find players like he does and pay so little and for them to become solid Premier league players.

Wenger did get a few but also has spent a fair bit of money on unknowns that have flopped.

Steken 1, I was talking about this with my son yesterday. It was after the last protset march. Outside goodison.

Oh you.

Yes he was given £20m- not £27m as that was what we got over a number of years, appearances, successes etc.

The team we had then needed 3 times that. Fact is Moyes has year after year bought players and sold at huge profits. We even made money AJ ffs.

What Moyes does in the transfer market is second to none. I dont know of any other manager that can find players like he does and pay so little and for them to become solid Premier league players.

Wenger did get a few but also has spent a fair bit of money on unknowns that have flopped.

Moyes has had approx 100 players through the Goodison doors in his decade, running at a rate of 10 per season we don't see many come through and at risk of going over old ground we don't get Michu, Moses, Valencia types do we?

I've said this before he gets in about what you'd expect of any manager giving his time here steady "do a job" types not quite up to the next level - I really think it's overstated his transfer success.

Why is it? Moyes is a fantastic manager that has done far better than some fans appreciate!! It's so easy after so many seasons to say its not good enough what he has achieved!! From a relegation side to a side challenging for cups and champions league places on a non existent budget from a pathetic board beggars belief!!
great post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back