Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
58 players
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/everton-transfers.html

58 players
Only 37 cost a fee and of them only 27 of them cost more than a million.

So in fact nowhere near 100 players.

If you get the chance check the Toffeeweb list (they colour code the "ins" and "outs") by my reckoning there was approx 250 transactions with 100 incoming in within a section headed Moyes transactions. I appreciate it might be an arse so don't blame you if you don't.

If I'm wrong about the numbers I'll happily say as much but my general opinion remains ie I feel he gets in the standard you'd expect for a fella trading in the Prem for over a decade given our resources, not for me the stuff of legend.

Baines deffo a goer for the mancs/chelsea, Felli with his inconsistency I reckon would end up a squad member like Pienaar and Lescott leaving only Arteta the only one who has truly gone on to establish himself at arguably a higher level.

Huh? If by those "types" you mean essentially CL quality players I'd say Fellaini, Baines and Lescott are "those types" of players. How many do you expect him to have found?

There are a crap load of teams who would be VERY happy with regular top seven finishes, a handful of Europa runs and an outside shot at the CL. If it's as easy as "let the same average 'do a job' manager stay for eleven years" then they are acting very irrationally by not just doing that and booking the extra revenue.

On the first point I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree the 3 you mention are defenders or defensive first and foremost with forward forays in them for me a problem that hasn't needed solving for years whereas creativity and general cutting edge has plagued us throughout the Moyes decade. Just one of the type I've mentioned would do me I thought Drenno was the boy but no.

On the "irrational" aspect of others i can see where your coming from but surely it signifies ambition, yes it doesn't always work but if one of them gets it right, say Newcastle or Villa they'll burn us off. Our experiment of flogging or hocking all the assets including the Rooney gift has got us a higher wage bill, 7th ish, no trophies with realistically Baines and Felli to sell. Each fan looking at it sees the team is aging we're re-mortgaged to the hilt no training ground and no Rooney to sell!- has it been worth it?

To all those who wants Martinez as manager, please watch Wigan game now and compare our attacking play with theirs and come back here with an honest answer.

Lack of off the ball movement and totally non existence wing play is dreadful to watch. Their attack is so static and lack of ideas. Dreadful to watch.

To all those who wants Martinez as manager, please watch Wigan game now and compare our attacking play with theirs and come back here with an honest answer.

Lack of off the ball movement and totally non existence wing play is dreadful to watch. Their attack is so static and lack of ideas. Dreadful to watch.
They're saving themselves for an important cup game next week

Honestly mate, when they attack, there is no option to pass at both flanks. Every attacking moves drift inside and end up losing the ball at the final third. Everyone just stands and wait for the ball to reach their feet. Many of you here will commit suicide if we play like this week in week out. It reminds me of the first 5 years under moyes. Everything is down the middle or long ball. it's a big step backwards if we appoint Martinez.

If you get the chance check the Toffeeweb list (they colour code the "ins" and "outs") by my reckoning there was approx 250 transactions with 100 incoming in within a section headed Moyes transactions. I appreciate it might be an arse so don't blame you if you don't.

Had a look - 99 incomers.

However it is to do with the way they list them as players returning from loan show up as new signings so James Wallace appears a couple of times as a signing and Yobo appears 5 times in the list as he came on loan, then signed, then returned from loan 3 times.

Plus it also includes youth signings so the likes of Green and McLaughlin appear who are still u17

Had a look - 99 incomers.

However it is to do with the way they list them as players returning from loan show up as new signings so James Wallace appears a couple of times as a signing and Yobo appears 5 times in the list as he came on loan, then signed, then returned from loan 3 times.

Plus it also includes youth signings so the likes of Green and McLaughlin appear who are still u17

Well done mate hope it didn't take too much out of your time, I've got previous with basic arithmetic even though I've got qualifications in Pure and applied maths, statistics and physics. I wouldn't have been surprised if you'd come back and said "TEN ... THERE'S TEN IN THAT LIST YOU BLIND GET.." but it's just opinion based on the reasoning I outlined before.

The Moyes debate has split fans a long time we've just gotta accept we all see the same things ... but differently.

Roberto Martínez Montoliú

Martinez from wigan

Hopefully Martinez or Laudrup. I really doubt Laudup will come though. I would definately kill myself if Phill Neville became our next manager.

However I've heard that Mourinho likes Everton. He's coming lads.

Martinez please, and the quicker the better. Can't stand to see moyes face anymore.

Wigan don't have the most talented bunch of players, but Martinez has them having a " Good Go ". Imagine what he could do with the Everton superstars

Martínez all the way.

Martinez, or di Canio for a laugh (up until he tried to drown Jelavic).

Laudrup if possible, Martinez if not.

i would be happy with martinez but there will obviously be other options as well

Laudrup or Martinez either will do......sorry Davey, but today and the contract delay is the end for many fans......

Martin Jol, Roberto Martinez, Michael Laudrup, Frank de Boer, Steve Clarke, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Huub Stevens

Was firmly behind Moyes - But the not signing contract, playing favorites, and the dropping of too many points against lesser competition has me fed up.

I would go
1. Ole
2. Laudrup
3. Maritnez

Martinez all day long. He understands the game in its entirety

Hi lads. Martinez just guided Wigan into another relegation battle.

I must add, at least Martinez is consistent. This is the 3rd year in a row Wigan have been involved in relegation.

I'm not a Moyes advocate, still reckon a new manager is what is needed to ensure Moyes legacy is preserved and improved upon, but I can't put my faith in Martinez.

I must add, at least Martinez is consistent. This is the 3rd year in a row Wigan have been involved in relegation.

I'm not a Moyes advocate, still reckon a new manager is what is needed to ensure Moyes legacy is preserved and improved upon, but I can't put my faith in Martinez.

tumblr_llv2z518b01qhhaijo1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back