Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must add, at least Martinez is consistent. This is the 3rd year in a row Wigan have been involved in relegation.

I'm not a Moyes advocate, still reckon a new manager is what is needed to ensure Moyes legacy is preserved and improved upon, but I can't put my faith in Martinez.

Like I keep saying mate, if his name was Robert Martin nobody would give him a second look.

I must add, at least Martinez is consistent. This is the 3rd year in a row Wigan have been involved in relegation.

I'm not a Moyes advocate, still reckon a new manager is what is needed to ensure Moyes legacy is preserved and improved upon, but I can't put my faith in Martinez.

He played 3 at the back and went for it. Got snotted by the RS

Moyes would play 5 at the back and still get snotted by the RS

The RS have webbed most of the teams below them this season anyway

tumblr_llv2z518b01qhhaijo1_400.jpg

A Pacino/Reeves dream ticket ?

Food for thought - tweets in the last hour:

James Corbett ‏@james_corbett
Question du jour : Duncan Ferguson as David Moyes's successor: inspired appointment or cynical PR move?

That's the rumour (no more than that I must emphasise ) I've heard “@Danny_Fitz83: @james_corbett sheedy/Duncan dream team!”

@thereal1bert I'm a journalist. I don't reveal my sources and I don't post bull****.

@thereal1bert because you have absolutely no idea how I've spent my last 36hrs or who I might have spoken to. That's why. Thanks

Crikey.

And James Corbett is a journo who knows his stuff (writer of a zillion Everton books, including the encyclopedia, and football journo of 10+ years standing).

As far as trump cards go, that would be amazing trump card move played by Kenwright. Of course, all dependent on Dunc being any actual good at the job.

Food for thought - tweets in the last hour:

Crikey.

And James Corbett is a journo who knows his stuff (writer of a zillion Everton books, including the encyclopedia, and football journo of 10+ years standing).

As far as trump cards go, that would be amazing trump card move played by Kenwright. Of course, all dependent on Dunc being any actual good at the job.

Id rather have Ian Dowie.

Costs, are the defining factor i think, we wouldn't pay the compensation to a manager currently employed, and like the Neville thing, would go with that theory.

Said it before im not a Martinez fan and today certainly didn't change that . Not knee jerk after one game but even if he escapes relegation again I'm just not sure why that makes him an everton target . relegated we wouldn't want him but escaping by a point and he's a target , makes no sense .

A proven failure over a complete unknown who happens to be a club legend? :blink:

A manager over an............................um well non manager.

Seriously, if Duncan can get his badges, go away and prove himself to be a decent manager i'd love him to manage Everton.

But making him manager before then would be nothing more than a attempt to please the fans who still idolise him after Moyes leaves, and be extremly lucky if he doesn't fail miserably.

Sure, he might surprise me but i don't think scaring the players is an adequate qualification for a manager.

So in their last two premier league outings the RS have handed out respective 4-0 and 5-0 defeats to two managers that are seemingly two of the most favoured managers to replace moyes. Weird.

A manager over an............................um well non manager.

Seriously, if Duncan can get his badges, go away and prove himself to be a decent manager i'd love him to manage Everton.

But making him manager before then would be nothing more than a attempt to please the fans who still idolise him after Moyes leaves, and be extremly lucky if he doesn't fail miserably.

Sure, he might surprise me but i don't think scaring the players is an adequate qualification for a manager.

But that's the point that James was making - that's exactly what it would be, a cynical attempt to get the fans onside. It's got Kenwright's fingerprints all over it and the sort of 'showbiz stunt' he'd make.

Loads of people say Neville will be the next manager - the only difference between him and Dunc is Dunc actually does have a season's coaching experience with the Academy behind him. Neville has nothing. Dunc is a more viable candidate than Neville. Not saying it should be Dunc or even will be, or even if it would be a good move, just comparing the chances of him vs Neville.

You have to remember, Everton won't pay compensation to anyone because they're skint, and if Moyes goes - particularly to another job straight away - he might clean out the backroom staff and take them with him.

So in their last two premier league outings the RS have handed out respective 4-0 and 5-0 defeats to two managers that are seemingly two of the most favoured managers to replace moyes. Weird.

Both sides who had one eye on their next game, arguably their biggest games of the season, a Cup Final and a Cup quarter final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back