Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Martinez really turn down Liverpool? Was under the impression it was the other way round. Any quotes anywhere to confirm one way or the other?

Did Martinez really turn down Liverpool? Was under the impression it was the other way round. Any quotes anywhere to confirm one way or the other?

I seem to think they were dead keen but he wanted to continue with his work at Wigan.

Remember the pics of him with the yanks having meeting etc

I don't want to sound like one of them 'I know someone who said this' but my dads mate spoke to Kenwrong's 2nd in command at some dinner and asked about the Moyes situation and he said 'If he does go, we are looking at Martinez.'

Plz dnt hurt me x

he wanted full control they wanted to keep a director of football or some jazz.

something like that

Playing and persisting with Neville and Osman in central midfield.

Taking Fellaini and Mirallas off when chasing a game.

Continually sh*tting it when the chips are down.

Do you want him in charge for the rest of the season? I don't think I do. I'd like to win at Anfield for a start.

Nailed it !!!

Not even arsed any more.

If he signs, he signs. We'll likely ensure stability for a while.

If he doesn't, then he doesn't. We'll get someone else in who may have a look at our squad and take a different approach. I've been a bit negative about the possibility of Martinez coming in, but whatever you say about him he got his tactics absolutely spot on and completely outclassed Moyes with a lesser team. I gained a bit of respect for him today.

If we get Martinez in then I'm not arsed. At least he'll have a go at teams and try to implement an attractive style of football. Dare I say it I'm slightly intrigued by the idea of him becoming our next manager.

i'd be very depressed if moyes signs, we CAN do better. Obviously we can't sack him now because of our finances, but i'd love him to see sence and leave so we can at least attempt to resurrect our season. I very much doubt we'll qualify for europe now if he stays here until the end of the season, i thought the prospect of liverpool finishing above us even two weeks ago was laughable.

knocked out by wigan and leeds - this has nothing to do with the "who would have worked better with limited funds argument" we were deservedly beaten in both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back